Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Verruca treatment…..
  • DT78
    Free Member

I’ve got a 5p sized verruca on the ball of my foot which over the last 5-6 years has resisted all attempts at treatment –

I’ve tried –
    Introducing (cutting it/making it bleed)
    Doc freezing (no longer available)
    Over the counter creams and acids (hurt & expensive came back)
    Duct tape for 6 months(went spongy but didnt go away)
    Ignoring it – got bigger!

It can be pretty painful if I don;t trim it down – has anyone had one removed under local? Did it come back again?

Hohum
    Free Member

I had one on my chin when I was a teenager (what a dreadful age and place to have one!).

It was removed under a local and then cauterised (sp). It came back about 7 or 8 years later when I was at university and one drunken night I burnt it out with a hot nail.

Over 15 years later and it has not come back.

richmars

Not sure if this is helpful but I had loads of warts on my hands about 15 years ago. Tried all the things you have, best solution was to go privite and laser them. That worked. Don’t know if the same treatment is available for verrucas.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

We got a freeze them yourself kit from the local supermarket – made by scholl I think.

There are 10 “shots” in it so you could do it a bit more often

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member
    gary

We got a freeze them yourself kit from the local supermarket – made by scholl I think. There are 10 “shots” in it so you could do it a bit more often

I’ve got a similar one to DT78, tried a couple of the supermarket freeze kits and they have had pretty much no effect.

richmars

Freezing didn’t work too well with my warts, just very painfull for a day or so. Laser much better, no pain, and always a good result.

transmute
    Free Member

Give Tea Tree oil a go. I had a couple of small verrucas on my feet that resisted all the doc’s treatments (freezing, painting foul goo on and then hacking it off, etc.) and then gave up on trying to get rid of them. Then in trying to get rid of a patch of athletes foot using tea tree foot baths (which also worked nicely) the little buggers disappeared within a week or two and haven’t returned in 15years! 🙂
    Worth a try.

wwaswas

a combination of bazuka and duck tape worked on my daughters ones.

I’d return to gp and see if you can get a referral to a dermatoligist (or whoever).

Sidney
    Free Member

I’ve used Scholl medicated disc system before to good effect. The little discs are in constant contact with the skin and the solution seems to penetrate into veruccas quite well. You apply for a period of time and when you stop the dead skin just dries up and drops of.

allthepies
    Free Member

Same boat here, had one on the ball of my foot for about 10 years! Tried over-the-shelf freeze stuff, duct tape, bazuka, silver nitrate pencil etc etc. Nothing touches it. When I went to the docs a couple of yrs ago to try and make an appt to have it frozen I was told that they don’t provide that service and to live with it! Now have a wart on my hand (probably from said verruca on foot) and am hacked off with it.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Currently trying apple cider vinegar on a couple of stubborn veruca clusters on my toes. Ignored one for years then notice it had made some new friends.

Had four or 5 cryo treatments at a chiropodist earlier this year which set my back around £50 each time. Not convinced it was doing a great deal.

Basically, I’m taping a soaked cotton wool to my toes during the day, replacing it in the evening, and removing before bed.
    Have given up leaving it on over night after I could’t get to sleep because of the pain – it hurt as much as the liquid nitrogen treatment.

Seem to be working, the little blighter seems to be getting smaller.

Hohum
    Free Member

I remember some chap mentioning vitamin E recently as being good at getting rid of a troublesome wart he had.

Here is the link he recommended:

clicky

duntstick
    Free Member

‘Bazuka’ first, over and over again, shaving the thing down with a razor as the skin goes hard and dry,(kept special for the job).

Then when you feel that you’ve shrunk the damned thing right down to the core, go in with a freeze kit from the pharmacy.

It works………

docrobster
    Free Member

amazing how those ads for wartner appear over there>>>>
    isn’t it?
    PS ignore it and MTFU it’s only a verruca.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve heard that some vaccinations for overseas travel result in wart death??

GTDave
    Free Member

Marigold oil / tincture is the stuff to use.
    Our kids both had verruca’s for over a year that nothing would shift, freezing / acids etc.
    Using some Marigold oil shifted their verruca’s within weeks!

http://is.gd/fCs1q

docrobster
    Free Member

Well as you’ve tried all the standard treatments and peeps are recommending odd stuff that worked for them, am I the first to suggest pissing in your shoes?

roystonsmith
    Free Member

Just got rid of one on my daughter’s foot.

Went to doctor and got salicylic acid “paint” prescribed. Think prescribed stuff if stronger than that available over-the-counter.

Applied paint every night for a month or two, filing down remains or previous night’s application with an emery board first.

It then fell off in a sort of scab.

When I was a kid I had a few verrucas and used similar treatment but scraped it with a craft knife instead of emery board (had to be careful with little daughter).

Yours sounds bigger than my daughters but persistance might pay off, otherwise the laser treatment sound effective, if more expensive.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Go to a chiropodist. Getting rid of well-established verrucas can be a long and quite uncomfortable process, so you’re not going to find a quick fix. If you leave them there is a risk that they’ll just continue to grow and spread.

I had this happen to me as a teenager and ended up with a cluster of around 30 verrucas on the ball of my foot and a similar growth on my heel. I had them removed by a chiropodist and it took around 8 months to remove them, with one or two visits per week. It went a little something like this:

Sterilise the area and apply Bazuka-type paste/cream to cover the cluster.
    Cover with a non-stick, Melolin-type dressing held in place with surgical tape.

Go home.

Endure sensations ranging from mild itching to intense burning as the (acidic) creme started eating into the verrucas.

3-4days later, go back to chiropodist, who would remove dressings and proceed to cut the paste/verruca from my foot using a surgical scalpel. The paste would fuse with the verrucas and the dead skin, so all of this had to be trimmed away. I’m wincing as I type this and my foot has gone into involuntary clenching/relaxing as the memories of my multiple 60 minutes in the chiropodist’s chair return to me. You’ll excuse me if I do not go into too much detail, but needless to say the cutting of the bad stuff away from the good skin is not an enjoyable sensation.

Once the dead stuff had been cut and scraped – oooh, the scraping!! – away, the area was bathed (read: attacked) with a sterilising fluid, dried and fresh paste applied, before again dressing the whole area.

This was repeated, as I say, for around 8 months until finally the chiropodist declared my foot verruca free. They have a tiny black center which isn’t always obvious and if it’s missed the growth with start all over again. They can go quite deep into the skin and what may look like one verruca can actually be several. Even if it’s just for verification and guidance, it has to be worth your while going to see a chiropodist.

mudpup
    Free Member

Jnr had 3 on one foot last year
    Over the counter stuff was rubbish
    Someone recommended a bloke in the local village who uses some sort of radio/ionising gun thingy – he had a small homeopathic/chiropody business.
    Jnr sat still for 10 mins whilst said gun was waved near his feet – they disappeared within 3 days and never returned. If i hadn’t seen it i wouldnt have believed it. No pain or fuss at all.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Laser much better, no pain, and always a good result.

i tell my clients to bury a potato in their back garden,no pain and always gets good results.

the verrucae is a virus…and no trails have ever proven one type of treatment to be more effective over another.

if i were you and you are 100% certain it is a VP then get some saly acid preperation I like to use verrugon (strong but tricky/timeconsuming to use) or occlusol (not so strong but easier to apply) and follow the instructions to the letter, this normally requires you to soak you feet for 5mins in warm water then scrape/pumice/file the living hell out of the hard skin then apply said prep…wait for 24hrs then do it again, repeat every 24hrs for up to ever how long it takes to go.

it would be a good idea to visit a podiatrist to get them to scalpel off the hard skin so that following treatments by yourself be more successful.

freespace
    Free Member

try rubbing it down as much as you can. then cut the top off an onion and put salt on it.the onion that is, then rub it into the verruca. worked for me .

tandaylor
    Free Member

Try gaffer taping the soft side of a banana skin to the veruca and leaving it for days and days. Then file it a bit, and apply a fresh piece. Keep going for weeks, and eventually little black worm things start sticking out and you can pull them out with tweezers. The more you pull, the slower it grows and eventually it goes completely.

Between applications you could run barefooted on sand to help scrape it away a bit too.

Good luck.

Woodcutter
    Free Member

Malt vinegar
    Had some varucas when I was a kid. The doctor said “I can cut it out with my knife” and he waved a manky scalpel at me “or you can soak it in vinegar for two weeks and it will fall out”.
    I went with the vinegar, holding soaked cotton wool on them for an hour or two every evening and sure enough after a couple of weeks the things just sort of fell out of the skin like little brown seeds.

carlphillips
    Free Member

little black worm things start sticking out and you can pull them out with tweezers

those worm things are just thrombosed capillaries (small blood vessels) and have no effect on the vp going away, doing so is a waste of time and would probably hurt.

all treatments are just about stimulating an immune response/and tissue destruction, some of those ideas up there^^ are pretty hilarious and its more than likely just coincidence that the ‘treatment’ made the vp go away.

stick with saly acid preps and diligent application and they should resolve.

JCL
    Free Member

Got one swimming last year. Tried to freeze it off but no luck so I cut the thing out with a Dremel with a wood carving bit at 10,000 rpm. Was a bit messy when I finished but it went away.

mrmo
    Free Member

Got one swimming last year. Tried to freeze it off but no luck so I cut the thing out with a Dremel with a wood carving bit at 10,000 rpm. Was a bit messy when I finished but it went away.

Sounds similar to the way a house my sister was thinking of buying became vacant. The blind owner was doing a bit of DIY with a circular saw.

iDave
    Free Member

This thread promoted action over a wart i’ve had on my hand for 7 or so years. I’ve tried freezing, hacking, wartner, freezing etc. Nothing has worked.

Now trying cider vinegar at night and after 2 nights it’s turning black! I reckon in a week the bastard will be gone! Fantastic.

allthepies
    Free Member

Where did you get the cider vinegar ?

iDave
    Free Member

co-op

small blob of cotton wool, soaked in vinegar, then taped over the wart.

before applying each dose, i let it dry, sand the bugger down a bit, then soak it in warm water.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta! Together we’ll nuke these ‘stards 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

I had one on the heel of my foot.
    Used a stanley blade to cut around it, you will see a whiter outer cirlcle, and pulled the veruca out like a plug.
    It was painless and did not bleed as I was expecting. I then sqirted some of that Bazooka ointment into the hole….surprisingly that didnt hurt either.
    Its never came back. So whilst sounding bit extreme…..it worked.

Cougar

I’m posting this as an anectodte rather than a suggestion;

I had one forever ago when I was a kid, from swimming in the public pool at school. At the time, I’d no idea what it was, and being a small boy I spent a while worrying at it and making it worse.

One day, I took at it with a knife and cut the f’cker out. Proper deep rooted bastard and I bled like the opening scene in Carrie, but it healed up and didn’t come back.

Someone recommended a bloke in the local village who uses some sort of radio/ionising gun thingy – he had a small homeopathic

Stopped reading at that point. Come back with solutions that aren’t coinciences from quacks. What you’re describing there is a Dentron Bio-gun; it’s for use in dentristy.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Verruca treatment…..’ is closed to new replies.