Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Verizon mobile phones-UK compatible??
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

I really fancy a Casio G’zOne made phone that appear to only be retailed in the USA by Verizon network. I am a technobabblephobe and cannot for the life of me understand if they can be used on UK networks (specifically O2) and with it being the holiday season I cannot find any links to ask any american site selling them.
    So can anyone out in STW world give me the answer or more to the point why oh why can Casio not release these phones in the UK, UK ready? I am limited to Samsung/JCB for toughphones with the exception of some of the dearer smart type ie Defy+ or Sonim based or the due to be released in January 2012 new Samsung C3350 or Samsung Xcover smartphone.
    My original Samsung Solid’s keypad is just giving up the ghost after all these years faithful service but I would like something ie the Casio that can withstand the greater thermal extremes for winter rides and working in the great outdoors.

ratherbeintobago

Don’t think they work – Verizon is CDMA and most/all European networks use GSM, which isn’t compatible.

Andy

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ahh, cheers for that Andy. Guess I will just have to wait till 14th Jan when the new samsung solid is released, still means more funds for bike toys.

TooTall
    Free Member

Motorola Defy? UK sold, tough, Android as well.

CountZero

About the only CDMA world phone that Verizon do is the iPhone, and they lock that with restrictions on how you can use it.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Been looking at the Defy+ but I am on a really good old O2 simplicity sim and I am reluctant to pay £200+ pounds for a giant screen to smash in my pocket- I havent really got a need for an Android phone and all that sort of stuff- I use my netbook for this sort of stuff, my works phone when I am at work and my toughphone for the rest of the time and biking in all weathers-last winters -8C and below killed the battery life 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Verizon mobile phones-UK compatible??’ is closed to new replies.