Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • verified by visa
  • white101

boils my water big time.

so you log onto a site to purchase something, takes a password and a userid,
    then you can pay by paypal so you log in to that, password and userid,
    fill in your details, and verified by visa pops up another password and userid,
    FFS can I not just buy something without the hassle? Would be quicker to walk to York rather than trying to by rail tickets online.

iDave
    Free Member

+1

fks me right off

death to them all

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

PPR

flip
    Free Member

Calm down it’s only a password..

**** me off too 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

And you’d be moaning even more if your were the victim of credit card fraud, would you not?

Why don’t you sod off to a physical shop and pay with cash. Or barter with goats or something.

-Liam-
    Free Member

+1

I think Evans use it when ordering online. I couldn’t remember the bloody password. Last time I came across something that used it was online ordering from Dominos and that was about 2 years ago.

I’m now supposed to call a number to reset my password. Can I be arsed?…Erm nope.

Just won’t bother buying from Evans.

nuke

Annoys me but I’ve never registered when it asks…always hit cancel on the second screen and the transaction goes through anyway.

beej

Blame the credit card companies (or rather, the people who commit the card fraud). We’ve just rolled out 3D Secure/Verified by Visa under the threat of some very large fines from the Payment Card Industry, due to the amount of card fraud going on on internet sites these days (which currently is absorbed by the credit card companies).

Think of it this way – if I had your card details, I could set up a paypal account with them and buy all manner of goodies. VBV/3DS gives another layer of security.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

not a problem. Much better than getting ripped off.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why not use 3V Giftcard voucher from WH Smith? It works like debit/credit card so there is no link to you actual credit/debit card. The only hassle is they all have max value of £25 only. I use them all the time which give me peace of mind.

3V Gift Card

😛

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

PPR = Piss Poor Rant btw.

Trimix
    Free Member

I hate the bloddy thing as well.

ivantate
    Free Member

DOuble annoys me too. up there with Ryan-air now charging the credit card fee for both directions even when booked at the same time.

Paying and booking all the tickets and fees is more hassle than the travelling now.

nickc

I bought a PC from Dell, not only did I have to go through the verification process, they then phoned me two hours later, asking whether it was me. Oh, and BTW we’ve cancelled the order, use this code to re-enter the order on Monday…Monday rolls around, v bored man from Dell takes the details, tells me Barclaycard do this as a matter of course…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I don’t mind ‘cos it is extra security, but what is really **** annoying is that me & Mrs Feet have a joint account with a card each. both cards have the same number. The verified my Mastercard thing has set itself to Mrs Feet and I cant change it. really frustrating

Northwind

VBV isn’t really about security, it’s about consumer confidence- it adds very little security. I was involved in the roll-out of the service with one of the major retail banks and frankly, it’s not fit for purpose, the benefits are outweighed by the costs and disadvantages. We’d proposed a similiar scheme with a far stronger level of security a few years before and it was more or less laughed out as any meaningful level of security brought with it “excessive” customer impact. So instead, the industry went with this, which is a below-meaningful level of security which still has a customer impact.

toby1

Welcome to mine and by the sounds of it Beej’s life. I too implemented it for an online retailer and to be honest it’s pretty pants, if you have a key logger on your machine, or the card is intercepted then the whole process is compromised.

But banks and the PCI commitee are forcing it on us as retailers, so there’s nothing we can do about it at present.

Then there is all the hassle I get from the business because of people who place orders but don’t complete the 3-D Secure checks, it’s made my day to day work pretty bloody tedious.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘verified by visa’ is closed to new replies.