Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Velopark: Unsuitable for Beastway 2014
  • aP
    Free Member

Velopark: Unsuitable for Beastway 2014
    That sucks, I was looking forward to heading over to Eastway for this.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not a local, will probably never ride there let alone race there and have watched from afar, but is anybody actually surprised by this?

aP
    Free Member

Well, it is a bit disappointing, and from knowing some of the people who were supposed to be involved and looking after our legacy.

MrSmith
    Free Member

You would all be grizzling if it was a wide track that was a glorified towpath masquerading as a MTB trail. Thing is a good single track trail isn’t nessarcarily ideal for racing on and it wasn’t designed for racing on but for MTB trail riding.
    In this instance you can’t have your cake and eat it.

iain1775
    Free Member

“The hardcore used between trails offers no safe run-off and is dangerous if you crash”

Bloody hell that sounds dangerous, think I’ll stay in bed tomorrow, be safest

aP
    Free Member

Yes, that may be so, but Eastway was a venue that hosted racing (road and mtb and CX) and other things, this currently sounds like it doesn’t really do the other things, or the racing for any discipline.

elajel
    Free Member

Not sure what happened here. I was at an (at the time) Olympic Delivery Authority planning committee meeting a couple of years ago for another project. The session before us was specifically about the MTB track and a significant amount of time was spent discussing how racing would be carried out there. I thought that was the whole point of it.

This is a real shame – I used to race at Beastway, and was looking forward to doing so again. I’ve done all kinds of races over the years and the Beastway was one of the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Velopark: Unsuitable for Beastway 2014’ is closed to new replies.