Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Vasectomy recovery
  • superfinlay
    Free Member

For those out there who are thinking about it and wondering – i know i did, but had no bikeie specific information. It takes longer than you think! I thought maybe a week, but I’m 2 weeks post and am only just comfortable in the saddle now. The main residual symptom being the constant scratchiness from the partially grown pubes. My biggest tip…two pairs of tight y-fronts provides a great banana hammock! Oh and remember to get on top of the anti inflammatories and pain relief immediately, don’t be lulled into a false sense of security, for me, the ‘man with the ball-hammer’ arrived on day 2 and was at his worst on days 3-5.

br
    Free Member

Agree on the day 2 ‘problem’, but by day 4 I was back commuting on my motorbike!

Felt a lot better after I’d exercised ‘them’, but beware – you may still be fertile.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Another STW classic set of tips! I’ll print those out and keep them somewhere safe.

Good luck with the recovery.

In the meantime nobody’s getting near mine!

druidh
    Free Member

The biggest non-event ever. No shaving, no pain during or after.
    The worst bit was the sound of the cutting. 😯

superfinlay
    Free Member

It takes 36 ejaculations to clear the system of swimmers…

stoney
    Free Member

It was the smell of singed flesh 😯 even the local injection was`nt bad….

The next day i ran the “dads" race at one of my boys sports day. Cath said "you cant do that” as i walked to the start line….I said “If i can walk then i can run”… 🙄

Only mild discomfort for me and roughly a week to be back on the bike…..

MoreCashThanDash

Had the op at 9.30 Friday morning, didn’t require any painkillers after 2.30 the same afternoon – no pain, no swelling, wondered what the fuss was about, was expecting to be riding after a week, “just to be sure”

Then I discovered that having the wound cauterised closed isn’t always the best idea – the darned scab kept coming off and reopening the wound for another 3 weeks, so it was 4 weeks before I was confident enough to ride again, which was so frustrating given the lack of pain.

Most stirring memories of the whole experience – having 3 different nurses complimenting me on the shaving, the smell of burning flesh while they cauterised “down there”, and the moment when I and the surgeon discovered that they had gone a little too lightly on the local anaesthetic……

martymac

had mine done by a decently attractive lady, who informed me that her husband had a recumbent.
    had a local for the op, but no pain killers at all, i drove home, no problem, i was back at work 2 days later on my bike after 6 days.
    then, 2 years later, my then wife (whose idea it was in the first place) informed me that she had ‘met’ a millionaire on the internet and was leaving me.
    oh well. . .

MadCowKev
    Free Member

3 months before I was back on the bike. I had “complications”.

votchy
    Free Member

Op on Friday, riding bike on Monday, weirdest bit for me was I had the op about 2 wks before Xmas and we were discussing xmas songs as it was happening, one of the most surreal things ever, and as above, the sound of the tubes being cut set my teeth on edge 😯

rOcKeTdOg

It’s surprising how many cases we see at work where the vas deferens have reattached themselves on one side or the other, I imagine that provokes some heated discussion between the interesting parties!

flip
    Free Member

The biggest non-event ever. No shaving, no pain during or after.
    The worst bit was the sound of the cutting.

+1 i was scared, but the sexy nurse reassured me and held my hand…

Harry_the_Spider

Op on the Friday.
    Off the pain killers on Saturday.
    3 mile walk on Sunday.

Buzzed with clippers rather than shaved so it was more like George Michael’s chin than Partick Stewart’s head.

Not too bad at all. The worse bit is sitting around waiting in a paper kimono.

Back on the bike after 2 weeks but rattled “the boys” on the cross bar after a clumsy dismount. 😯

blog post

davesmate
    Free Member

I couldn’t get out of bed for a week, no real pain but VERY uncomfortable anytime I stood up for more than 5 mins. Was about 6 weeks before I could even look at a bike.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I did it the other way round.

Spent all day at Gisburn, did 3 laps. Had the chop at 6.30pm. Had a week off the bike and was fine after that. The yellowy-purple bruising was a sight to behold, though. It was 4 months before I was given the all clear as far as tiddlers went.

Mind you 9 months along, and my knackers still ache. This is ‘normal’. It wasn’t one of the side-effects mentioned before the event.

Thermo
    Free Member

Biggest anti-climax ever! I was literally in and out in 20 minutes and at $400 a pop, the doctor is making a killing! I had the non-scalpel method so no pain or stitches.

I think I got back on the bike about a week later – I didn’t want to chance an infection.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Vasectomy recovery’ is closed to new replies.