Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • vasectomy
  • robland
    Free Member

I am going for a vasectomy next Wednesday. Just wondering how long I will be of the bike for as i commute on it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Depends what operation you have.

BBC

Nomad
    Free Member

Tenderness and an infection at the incision site meant about 4 weeks off the bike for me

rp16v
    Free Member

1st week ul have the bandage strapped to your nuts so forget about it,il say 3 weeks was a good bet to be on the safe side to stop any swety infections, rest up for the first 2 days take it as a good reason to lie there and do nothing.

VanHalen

About a week. Didn’t go crazy tho.

Drac

Rp16v are you a nurse from the 70s?

br
    Free Member

Op lunchtime Monday at the local GP’s. Commuted by M/C by the Thursday. No worries.

russianbob
    Free Member

2 weeks for me. I probably overdid it for first couple of days. Do nowt except drink beer and watch the telly.

albino
    Free Member

I had mine done a couple of months ago. The doc said I could start riding as soon as I felt ready – I felt fine to ride after a week so went for an easy pootle and was back riding properly 10 days after the procedure.
    TBH I’d read way too much from previous posts about the snip and was prepared for all sorts of pain, embarrassment and time off the bike. In reality it was nothing like that at all.

rp16v
    Free Member

Drac no wasent born then lol but just really didn’t want to drag it out more than needed if anything happend but all good just did my second sample awaiting results. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Rp16v are you a nurse from the 70s?

Ageist now too?

althepal

Had some painkillers and ice ready at home but my lift home was 45 min late. Never so glad to get home and lie down.
    Was a tiny bit sore when the anasthetic went in and apparently they had to rummage around a bit to do no 2 but just felt like I’d been properly booted in each of the baws for 5 days, then eased off. Back playing fives 2 weeks after although i bought a protective cup from Decathlon and im glad I did as the boys were rattled by the ball. Was a bit tender for 5 mins but otherwise fine. Best £8 insurance policy there is!

ads678

Do you have to go to your GP to book in for a vasectomy? Want to get one but haven’t got round to it yet…..

tomaso
    Free Member

5 days for commute, a week for MTB and on the 10th day the Coed y Brenin enduro. Two pairs of cycling shorts helps for maximum cosseting.

rp16v
    Free Member

Ads678 yes pay them a viset they will asses u first then possibly ask to see partner as well then if refers u see a shrink before u go in they really make sure its 100% what u want.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Err on the side if caution and assume 2 weeks. Overdoing it too soon is probably the number 1 cause of post op issues. So do very little except lie down for a day or two, then just gentle walking. A bike saddle isn’t going to be vasectomy friendly so I suggest you find another commute method for a coupe of weeks, anyone who can give you a lift ?

One final thought, consider getting some sperm frozen. You may never want it need it but you have that option in the future if circumstances change.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I had mine done back in Febuary. I felt fine after 5 days so went for a ride with the kids and had to get off and walk after 2 miles 🙁 It was just over 2 weeks from the op to being (as opposed to feeling) ready for going on a proper ride so I would plan at least 2 weeks off the bike.

Harry_the_Spider

2 weeks for me.

colin1265
    Free Member

I had mine as a 2 for 1 special offer at Southend General. Have your hernia treated, get the snip for free. How could I turn that down?
    I did some long walks on the day after to get things moving and with the double op I was back on the bike within 3 weeks. The slightly blackened, swollen sack wasn’t a problem, the hernia bit smarted a tad though.
    Just take it easy and listen to your body.

robland
    Free Member

Thanks for the response. Looks like i will be catching the bus for the next couple of weeks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘vasectomy’ is closed to new replies.