Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Vaping – batteries
  • mefty
    Free Member

I have been converted to vaping for a year and a bit. I moved onto variable voltage batteries but have been disappointed with their longevity (6mth and how long they hold a charge)especially compared to the non variable Vision I got with my first kit. Has anyone else solved such problems (charging recs) or found a good brand (Vision and Kangar tried to date)

As a retailer of said items, I’ve found Aspire to be the most reliable to date, although as a Vaper myself, I wouldn’t really expect much more than 6 months use out my batteries

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I use two vision spinners bought from sirvapealot’s website. Tbh, I couldn’t be doing with those huge setups you see people using, and as far as I’m concerned, they’re cheap Chinese shite – and I don’t expect them to last too long, so I don’t spend too much on them in the first place.

The Vision Spinner 1’s were rubbish – had loads of fails (and so did other retailers I spoke to). Vision Spinner 2’s are supposed to be a lot better, but I stopped stocking them after the first lot

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, correction, it’s the Vision 2 that I have. They’re grand. But my expectations will never be more than low.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve been vaping for years now, and to be honest 6 months is pretty good for a battery.

They used to last a month if you were lucky (that was six years ago) and they were expensive then too.

For what they cost now, I’m not bothered as long as they last a few months.

I’m using a Joyetech eGrip at the moment and it seems to be lasting well.

mefty
    Free Member

DD – maybe I expected too much but my original vision non variable is still working after 18 mths although it is only used for emergencies now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the life is dependent on the amount of times you charge them mefty. Hence the more expensive ones that last a week (of vaping) or so, probably also last longer (lifetime). Also, if you’re only using that one for emergencies now, I guess it’s not seeing daily charging.

A weeks vaping? 😯

I’m lucky if I get a day out of a good quality 1600mah

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TAFKASTR, I’m talking about those ones that look about the size of a pack of fags. 🙂

Same applies 😉 I vape A LOT

mefty
    Free Member

Thamks for that, I have obviously remembered incorrectly from past threads what battery longevity was like and the time a single charge lasts. The big Vision I bought was awful, but it seems that a known issue. I think I will try vision II as suggested by DD and expect to get through 4 or so a year.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve been on them over 2 years now, I think (might be 3). I’ve only thrown one battery away so far (got 5 on the go at the moment) and at that time I didn’t think about cleaning the contacts b4 I threw it, so might have been thrown away unnecessarily. I’ve bought Ego branded batteries or non branded. I think I’ve got one battery which has had it, doesn’t seem to hold much of a charge any more. The only disappointment I’ve had was with a pass-thru battery, the pass-thru lead didn’t seem to work, altho it works fine as a standard battery. These look like a good alternative tho

Bimbler
    Free Member

Maybe a change up to something like an Innokin MVP is in order? Found legit Egos to be far better than Vision Spinners in terms of their ability to withstand my cack handedness

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Vaping – batteries’ is closed to new replies.