• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nach.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Vans Shoes
  • coconut
    Free Member

Anyone moutnain bike in Vans ? I find them super comfy and the sole looks good for flat pedals ? Wondering of they are a bit flimsy for riding with.
    thanks

Matt_SS_xc

Always used to until proper flat pedal shoes arrived. Find them fine grip wise for a short ride but a stiffer sole of five tens and improved grip is much nicer.

colournoise

Vans made proper MTB shoes for a while, and they (Gravels) were great. My pair are on their last legs now though…

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I did for years, but then 5.10’s came along, and they’re better tbh.

orangespyderman

I did for years, but then 5.10’s came along, and they’re better tbh.

^^ That. Lots.

coconut
    Free Member

Looking for some thing that’s not five Tens. I don’t get on with there sizing.

jimthesaint
    coconut
    Free Member

The adidas look good. Any other suggestions ?
    thanks

nach
    Free Member

Vaude Moabs. Made for flat pedals, dry fast and they’re great for hike-a-bike.

akira

Try specialized 2fo, comfy and look nice

CountZero

Vans did an SPD shoe, which was really good with flats because of the very stiff midsole, but most Vans have a pretty flexible sole, which can make your feet ache after a while.

kayla1
    Free Member

I love Vans for riding in, like short blasts out and a bit of DH or at the BMX track and stuff, there’s a little bit more feel than with something with a stiffer sole but they’re pants for longer distance stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Vans I have are a bit flimsey for biking but perhaps there a different models. I can’t imagine they’d be much good in the wet.

retro83
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Vans I have are a bit flimsey for biking but perhaps there a different models. I can’t imagine they’d be much good in the wet.

Yeah they soak up water quite well and get pretty heavy. But then 5 10s aren’t exactly brilliant in that regard either

aracer
    Free Member

The sole on those looks ace – why has nobody else done that?

Basil

I use these as my off the bike touring shoes!
    Vans

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try specialized 2fo, comfy and look nice

Careful now….

🙂

Merak

Vans till I die..

nach
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    The sole on those looks ace – why has nobody else done that?

I know right!? I think they might be a bit UK, maybe Europe specific.

I wanted something like them a lot the winter before last, and was about at the point of approaching Lancashire shoe manufacturers, or taking a hacksaw and some barge cement to existing shoes. A couple of similar designs popped up around Eurobike last year though. There were the Vaudes, and these OWN things:
    http://singletrackworld.com/2015/08/eurobike-2015-own-only-whats-necessary/

I have a pair of the Vaudes. I’m not a great judge of shoe stickiness because I’ll tend to stay on pedals even with most of the pins missing, but on the few climbs round here that are steep enough you have to carry the bike, they’re way better than the Vans or AM41s I’ve ridden in previously.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Vans Shoes’ is closed to new replies.