Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • van/garage/mot dilema
  • ton

took my van for a m.o.t this morning. dropped it at 8. garage phone me at 10, saying, sorry m.o.t bloke has rung in sick. ok, not a problem, they are doing it tommorrow.
    when i cycled past on the way home, my van is not there. garage opens at 8am in the morning. if i go at 7.45 and find one of the mechanics arriving in my van, will i be justified in getting a little annoyed with someone?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Is your van inside?

jam-bo

My garage has a secure storage yard just down the road. They leave cars there overnight rather than out front.

ton

i do hope so. other cars were in the compound, as they were this morning, waiting for m.o.t i presumed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I take my van to a local garage too and they park them in a carpark down the road as well..

Sure it’s fine.

ton

this place has it’s own big compound. i parked it in a empty m.o.t spot this morning. the compound is lock overnight. van is not there now.

cb

My garage used to use anyone’s motor to go and get lunch etc – test drive they said! They crashed mine once whilst on said test drive! I told them to bring me a rental and the old one fixed and cleaned – they did. It was a shit car and they were always helpful prior to that so no point at losing my rag.

I also bought a car from Motorpoint once, put deposit down and came back a week later with 200 extra miles on the clock and a scuffed alloy. They were stupid enough to enter the mileage on the document when I put the money down and then deny any wrong doing. Full set of new wheels and tyres is what telling porkies cost them!

It would be no surprise to me if your van is parked on a mechanic’s drive tonight! Ask them how well it drove on their test drive…

CheesybeanZ

Have they got an out of hrs recovery number ?

chakaping
    Free Member

They are clearly using it for fly tipping, or maybe an armed robbery.

Better call 999 just in case.

chakaping
    Free Member

But seriously, could be up on the ramps ready for morning?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh..

Done your research then?

😕

jon1973
    Free Member

Maybe they farmed out the work to another garage to clear the backlog?

cbike
    Free Member

Or they took it to a class 4 Mot garage with facilties that they might not have?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A copper I know stopped a bloke ‘on a test drive’ at 2330 about twenty miles from the garage.

It happens. Though this was in a big beamer. I’m not sure if Ton’s van would have the same pulling power.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Does no one trust anyone anyone anymore?

jam-bo

what happened then? was there trouble….

hooli

I would ask for an explanation at least.

CheesybeanZ

Did someone get the fistpie breakfast special ?

ton

no, van was on ramps. 😳

new discs and pads fitted now. will use them again too.

warns74
    Free Member

Just another storm in an M.O.Teacup….

Brainflex

See, this is modern society for you. The immediate thought is that they were up to something. What ever happened to trust?

ton

trust is earned.

benji
    Free Member

The nightmare of the automotive trade, we are not all cowboys/joyriders/robbers unless you read the internet.

I’m an mot tester, I apply the rules to keep you and other motorists in a vehicle that is safe to use, I’m not interested in driving it for fun, I would like most people on a sunny day rather be out on my bike, not in my overalls spoiling your days. If I fail your car it isn’t because I’m a nazi with a clipboard, it’s because it doesn’t meet the minimum standard of roadworthiness, yes you washed it, but it doesn’t magic the broken spring back together or make the inner edge of your tyres grow back so there is no longer cords exposed.

ton

mine was braking unevenly. new discs and pads. it felt fine braking before.

demonracer

I drop my car off at the Garage owners house and he gives me a bell when it’s all sorted … Works great for me and he gets a free trip to work and back!

Northwind

ton – Member

trust is earned.

Paranoia, you get for free

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘van/garage/mot dilema’ is closed to new replies.