Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • van rental for alps trip
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Hi anyone ever driven 4 people to les arcs

None of us own a van so we are looking for the best (cheapest)
    Option.

I reckon a crew cab would be good, anyone know of any good deals or have any suggestions. Flying is about 1k for the for of us.

nealglover
    Free Member

Not many UK hire companies will let you take the Vehicle out of the country.

thomthumb
    Free Member

even less will have a crew cab on offer.

when i looked into it a few years back options were pickups (hmmm) or getting a minibus and bunging stuff in on top of seats.

might be better off hiring a big estate/ mpv

Wozza
    Free Member

We got 4 of us from Manchester to Les Arcs in my mates Accord estate. Packed reasonably light, one bike with the wheels off on top of the kit in the boot and then a rear rack with the other three on that.

Volvo V70, Mondeo or one of those bomb proof old mercs have about the same space in the back.

Edit: We had three drivers on rotation, you’ll be knackered if you try and do it with just one.

caspian
    Free Member

http://www.coastcampers.co.uk/tariff/4556403282

We used these guys. 50quid a day for a t5. Pretty good!

nosherduke996
    Free Member

We got 4 of us in a Audi a4 with camping gear. Thurle roof bars with all 4 road bikes on top.Ten hour drive down to Annecy.
    It was so easy that we are going again this year to watch the tdf.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Not sure what that link is

PH1

I have a 2010 t5 camper if you want to hire it for the week, when are you thinking of going?

br
    Free Member

4 going to Les Arcs:

Who needs a van?

spooky_b329

If you have a bike rack it will be easy in a big estate like a Mondeo estate. We managed it with the four bikes stacked in the boot, and a roofbox for the luggage.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Ye boot mount rack is a good idea

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Towbar + wee trailer?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘van rental for alps trip’ is closed to new replies.