Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Van Nicholas Titanium Seat Post – Any users?
  • letmetalktomark

Morning All,

As above.

Being caught up in all these modern trends etc I fancy trying a Ti post 😳

The VN seems a well priced post and is available in a 27.2 layback – which is what I am after (bonus)

Any users on here?

Thoughts – Good & Bad 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

the only titanium seatpost worth looking at is a moots seatpost, if you know what i mean.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I dunno about that. The Eriksen posts look very nice.

letmetalktomark

theflatboy – Member

the only titanium seatpost worth looking at is a moots seatpost, if you know what i mean.

I know what you mean ….. Yum

pedalhead
    Free Member

Crikey, although not exactly WORK SAFE !!!

wwaswas

Got mine 'cheap' off brant.

couldn;t be more pelased with it. makes long Downland rides ona hardtail very bearable as you can keep the tyre pressure a little higher without getting a sore bum.

it is an absolute b*gger to get the seat rails into though.

qwerty
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

I know what you mean ….. Yum

where's the stem ???

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i have a layback one and it is great, makes long rides much more pleasant. I can feel it flex sometimes which is a little disconcerting but that's what's it meant to do. It is a pain to get the saddle in but once it is in it's worth it. The only other minor niggle is it has a tendency to creak. But overall I'm very happy with it.

letmetalktomark

whippersnapper – Member

i have a layback one and it is great, makes long rides much more pleasant. I can feel it flex sometimes which is a little disconcerting but that's what's it meant to do. It is a pain to get the saddle in but once it is in it's worth it. The only other minor niggle is it has a tendency to creak. But overall I'm very happy with it.

Do you need to use a special grease?

wwaswas

no, just keep it all well greased with whatever you normally use.

Rio

these modern trends

I've been using an Airborne Ti post (essentially the same as the VN but in their previous incarnation) for the last 6 years. Does that make me ahead of the trend or has it just gone out of fashion and come back? 🙂

It's hard to say how much difference it makes as a lot depends on how much give your saddle has. Most impressive thing to me is that I'm excessively heavy and I still haven't managed to break it. Mine is in its third bike and it's never creaked or got stuck despite not being greased. As Wippersnapper said it's a pain to get the saddle rails in but once it's there it's fine.

letmetalktomark

Cheers Y'All

Will give one a try me thinks.

@ Rio – It probably be catching up 😳 This year was the first since December 1998 that I bought a "new" new bike and by bike I mean frame 😆

avdave2

I'm looking at these as well but the bike and all the finishing kit is black so I'm not sure about the look. And yes I am aware that I won't be looking at it when I'm riding.

wwaswas

if you never drop your saddle you could just get it sprayed black down to the point it goes in the frame (using somethign flexible!)?

avdave2

But then how would everyone know I had a Ti seatpost, I'd have to mask off the logo. 🙂

I only move the seatpost to compensate when adjusting the ebb so it could be an option. Better still though keep it as it is and then have to buy a Ti frame.

inbred853

I've had an airborne one for several years now, no problems, except getting the effin saddle rails in.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicholas Titanium Seat Post – Any users?’ is closed to new replies.