Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • VAN NICHOLAS MAMTOR WHATS IT LIKE PLEASE I TEMPTED
  • nugget
    Free Member

Hi, happy new year to all on this forum, me been thinking new year new bike, been watching the titanium loveliness thread and now i really want one.the on-one 456 ti top choice seems to get 10/10 5/5 every where, brill not so brill wifey say well over budget,now spotted van nicholas mamtor looks lovely but is it a google search produces very little test/owner reviews yet 456 gets rave comments every where, so can anybody tellme if its any good please,and if a 18" frame is the right size for some one 5 10" tall 31" inside leg can't find the standover height any where, please comment if you know she that be boss will go ballistic if buy one and its the wrong bike/size regards nugget.

gamo
    Free Member

They reviewed it in the mag a while back, steep head angle for type of bike.Bike coop have good price at the mo-
    http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=10832&f_SupersetQRY=C397&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c008921c008923c009321

nugget
    Free Member

Thankyou for your comment yep thats the offer thats tempting me.
    mamtor head angle 68.5
    mamtor seat angle 72
    456 ti head angle 69.5
    456 ti seat angle 73
    yet the 456 regarded as brill how can that be.
    is the mantor not a good bike at that price.
    regards nugget.

brant
    Free Member

Mamtor revised I think since the review.

Also depends if angles sagged/not.

nugget
    Free Member

Thankyou for reply mmm this gets harder by the minute guess i will after ring shop to ask if these bikes are revised bikes. i know very little about bikes and mmm zero about bike design, price looks good though.

PePPeR

It may be down to the Forks, if they are anything like my Menjas, they blow through all their travel which steepens the head angle!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Menja's take ages to set up right, took about 50miles before I got the pressure just right, it's one of those forks that seems sensitive to tiny differences in pressure. That and I wish someone would make an after market damper for them, they'r very good, but the HS rebound could be faster and the LS reboud could be slower to make them a bit more perfect.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘VAN NICHOLAS MAMTOR WHATS IT LIKE PLEASE I TEMPTED’ is closed to new replies.