Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van locks that actually work?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Sorry lots of van/camper questions going on.. I joined SBMCC but its slow as anything over there!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best locking / security solutions for a citroen relay?

It looks like most break ins punch a hole under the handle and wiggle the cable. So you can get armour plates but it also appears that they can rip off the door handle and access it that way… there are then multi t locks which are spendy but seem fairly decent..

I dont mind spending the cash but if they can all be bypassed then is it even worth it?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a solution for rear garages if you have an enclosed garage and want to secure the rear doors drop me an email.

but the best solution for me for the front/side door is leave no valuables on display – i have a couple of hidden areas and i may yet fit a safe into one of them for valuables/passports etc….

Big locks scream valuables inside…..

ElShalimo

We used these guys to get a replacement lock and ODB protector for our campervan.
    They do products for a Relay too.

alexxx
    Free Member

Emailed cheers mate, I’m definitely popping a safe in the van somewhere stealthy. I fully agree if its got big locks on it screams valuables. I don’t mind that so much as long as the locks actually work to stop the buggers getting in but that’s possibly wishful thinking.

I wont have a bulkhead so if I used locks like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-DOORS-Citroen-Relay-High-Security-Van-Hasp-Padlock-Locks-ArmaDLock-Arma-D-/152458180510?hash=item237f37379e:g:QYUAAOSwhlZYuU6M

I’d still have to use a pair on the driver and passenger doors too as well as the side and rear.

I guess the armour plates are a fairly good idea to protect the handle wires too

These were the slam handles and locks for the rear that I thought would be good to pair with the hasp locks above:
    https://www.sussexinstallations.co.uk/products/cat-slam-handles/sussex-installations-cit2-citroen-relay-slam-handle-citroen-relay-relay-2012-on.html

Close to £1k on locks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van locks that actually work?’ is closed to new replies.