Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Van insurance for non commercial use
  • paul4stones

The annual question. Currently insured with Brentacre for a Renault trafic with seats and windows added in the back. Anyone else good for insuring this kind of vehicle?

Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been a while but never had an issue with non commercial insurance, just started with the compare lists

mark90
    Free Member

Direct line are good for my T5 kombi

geoffj

There are haterz, but I like Adrian Flux for the non-conventional.

mrnmissespanda

I also use Direct Line for my Transit (LWB with second row of seats)

Panda

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Question would a mini bus be cheaper to insure than a van. Been asked if I want ex school transit 52 for £400. Thinking of seat removal. Summer of bang bus action then flog it as a bus again

jam-bo

NFU have been good so far for ours. Not had to claim though so no idea about that side of things.

maccruiskeen

Question would a mini bus be cheaper to insure than a van

I’d expect the minibus to be more expensive – part of the cost of insurance is you’re liability to others, including your passengers – more seats (whether or not they are fitted) means more liability.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Question would a mini bus be cheaper to insure than a van. Been asked if I want ex school transit 52 for £400

Welcome to the Internet…
    If you pop the details into one of the online sites it will spot out a set of comparison prices from a heap of insurers based on your own personal circumstances.

I know it shocked me too

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is that your standard answer for every thread on STW. Which invariably can be answered with Google. Including this one 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably but ffs as insurance varies so much and it takes about 10 mins to look it maybe you could do that and tell us the answer 😉

paul4stones

Thanks folks.

I’ll admit to a certain laziness but I know when I first insured the van a couple of years ago it wasn’t as straightforward as I expected and Brentacre came up trumps after a suggestion on here. Just thought it worth asking again.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Insured a Trafic with dial direct for a couple of years, very competitive.
    Now with Adrian Flux as DD dont do campers.

lovewookie

Summer of bang bus action then flog it as a bus again

and everyone chose to ignore this bit?

I have coffee on my keyboard.

however, I suppose you could call this commercial use, if you sell the videos..

maccruiskeen

and everyone chose to ignore this bit?

The rest of us had already been invited.

lovewookie

as always, I come last, or not at all…. 🙁

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Apparently if non commercial it’s considered a van. So as long as the venture doesn’t make money we’re golden.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Aviva always seem cheap and good cover

bear-uk
    Free Member

Aviva for me to. 1\2 price of Adrian flux. Mine has a 500ltr water tank bolted in the back so its classed as modified. Aviva didnt give a toss about the tank.
    08 vivaro full NC, protected NC and recovery. + legal came to £260.

redstripe
    Free Member

Just use the compare sites as above, but I did find my t5 kombi was cheaper on van insurance rather than car by nearly £200 this year.

chakaping
    Free Member

Aviva here too, combined policy with wife’s car.

blacknose
    Free Member

I’m getting a good deal on my Dispatch with Aviva, even get a solid discount cos I’ve got my car insured with them too.

Sundayjumper

I’d expect the minibus to be more expensive – part of the cost of insurance is you’re liability to others, including your passengers – more seats (whether or not they are fitted) means more liability.

Probably true, my T4 is more expensive to insure than my 911 !

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Similarly, my T5’s insurance cost is nearly as much as my BMW i8.

scotroutes

Been with NFU for a few years and recently (last year) moved to Adrian Flux. It’s also a “Renault trafic with seats and windows added in the back”

I tried Brentacre one year but there was something in the T&Cs that put me off or called my cover into question. Can’t recall what it was, sorry, but go over it with a fine toothcomb.

paul4stones

Thanks for all those suggestions. Aviva saved £120 in the end, less than £200 for the year.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Thats a quid you owe me 😀

paul4stones

You don’t get much beer for a quid bear. 😉

epicyclo

I ended up with Aviva

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Van insurance for non commercial use’ is closed to new replies.