Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Van DAMN!
  • leffeboy

awesome. full marks to whoever came up with that idea 🙂

nbt

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10[/video]

try http not https at the start?
    edit – yes, that’s done the trick

richmtb

Oooft brings a tear to my eye!

kimbers

f–k chuck, van dam is the man

brokensoul
    Free Member

I can’t make my mind up whether you’d need balls or you’d be better off without them. 😯

fasthaggis

CFH ,you could have posted that on your “dropping ” thread 😉

nbt

having watched it, that’s fake – unless his boots are nailed to those mirrors

sandwicheater

Van Damme keeps going up in my estimation. Not as an actor however, just has a top bloke. Love the beer adverts.

zilog6128

Awesome.

having watched it, that’s fake – unless his boots are nailed to those mirrors

If it’s fake why did they do it playing backwards?

Van Damme keeps going up in my estimation. Not as an actor however, just has a top bloke. Love the beer adverts.

If you haven’t already seen it you should check out this movie:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130988/

NOT your typical offering from an 80s action movie star.

footflaps

Very impressive!

footflaps

They’re driving backwards so if he falls off he’s clear of the wheels.

AlexSimon

You can see his feet shuffle at 49secs with a slight wobble of re-adjustment from his torso (I’ve watched it a few times).
    Pretty awesome.

Volvo have confirmed that the trucks were really reversing. It’s one of the benefits of their new steering.

Choice of music/lighting and everything really work well. No wonder it’s already got 6m views.

pondo

Hey, that’s a new one – “This Websense category is filtered: Viral Video.” 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

This Websense category is filtered

Speak to your friends in the comms team 😉

scuttler

There’s what appears to an extra strut onto the wing mirrors which may suggest that (rather fairly) a larger, grippier platform exists under where he’s standing.

However I don’t know why I’ve bothered pointing that out. It’s still flippin brilliant regardless of any physical modifications.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    They’re driving backwards so if he falls off he’s clear of the wheels.

or to demonstrate their steering gizmo…… like it says in the video

CaptainSlow

Well, I don’t mind admitting to having a bit of a man crush after seeing that 😳

That’s Awesomeness in a Jar that is. Whoever bottles that level of Awesomeness will be a millionaire. Remember; you read it here first 8)

bigdawg
    Free Member

if you google van damme splits you’ll see hes been able to do full box splits for a very long time – it was a ‘trademark’ of his back in the dim and distant 90s

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There’ll certainly be some safety equipment digitally removed, there’s no way he would expose his crown jewels like that..very impressive tho, Volvo, VD and the marketing agency.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

There must be a safety rig removed in post. No way they’d get insurance surely.

bearnecessities

I never imagined gold trucks and Enya could work so well.

boxelder

It’s not going to hurt that much dropping 3m onto smooth tarmac at that speed.
    Being a stunt man he’ll know how to land.
    Still impressive splits (and trucks) and no way I’d consider it even if I could do the splits.

bencooper
    Free Member

Apparently he had a fall-arrest harness on which was edited out – still seriously impressive.

AlexSimon

The way I read it, nothing was edited out, but a harness is present – have you seen someone specifically that it was edited out in post?

andy8442
    Free Member

Two blokes were running underneath him with a mattress! Digitally removed! Amazing what computers can do.

bencooper
    Free Member

have you seen someone specifically that it was edited out in post?

Thought I read it somewhere – I can’t see how else you could get a harness and support out of shot. I was assuming there was an arm from the top of one of the trucks to a back harness.

That was the first take, apparently…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why does everything have to be analysed nowadays. It’s just good for what it is!

faceplanter
    Free Member

There’s no way the Artic on the right has an operating 5th wheel in this video, no way.
    Just check out the driver, casual as ****. You have to make constant tiny corrections, no matter what you are driving.
    How do I know? Driving one for 13 years now….

Well done Volvo trucks. Great video!

Brainflex

errm video is advertising their new fancy steering system.

Spin
    Free Member

Why does everything have to be analysed nowadays. It’s just good for what it is

Because if he’s really doing it its f*cking amazing and if it’s a set up it’s not impressive at all?

seavers
    Free Member

You guys have seen universal soldier right? Of course he really did this, probably after a few Coors. Probably did it in the buff for kicks after the final take.

faceplanter
    Free Member

Brainflex – Artics are designed to ‘bend in the middle’ regardless of a fancy steering systems and cannot be locked out for reversing.

Try driving one before making obvious statements.
    🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

Maybe he’s just a good driver?

iain1775
    Free Member

“Was created by professionals in a closed off area”

And recreated by drivers overtaking each other for 3 miles on the M42!

Brainflex

The film is the perfect demonstration of the directional stability Volvo Dynamic Steering can offer,” explains Jan-Inge Svensson, the engineer behind the development of the system’s software at Volvo Trucks. “The stability and control are so good that you can reverse a truck over a long distance with very high precision, which is exactly what we’ve had to do in this film. It had to be perfect – right down to the last centimetre.”

At low speeds, Volvo Dynamic Steering makes steering virtually effortless and improves maneuverability. The electric motor also automatically regulates the steering and compensates for irregularities that feed through to the steering wheel, such as side winds or bumps in the road surface. As a result, the need to constantly make small adjustments to the steering is greatly reduced. Furthermore, Volvo Dynamic Steering will also automatically return the steering wheel to its starting position when released, further reducing strain on the driver.

Hmmm, maybe someone needs to get up to date with new technology before making obvious statements!

organic355
    Free Member

har har

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxMAyE1HSAY[/video]

onandon
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Van DAMN!’ is closed to new replies.