Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Van attack in Barcelona
  • dannyh
    Free Member

It’s not exactly clever to assume that their propaganda is simplistic (or that it’s central to the issue). Equally myopic to assume they are simpletons.

I disagree 100% with that post.

jimjam
    Free Member

dannyh

I disagree 100% with that post.

Solid rebuttal.

jimjam
    Free Member

Two people stabbed to death and multiple injuries in some kind melee attack in Turku Finland. Attacker shot dead at the scene by police.

crosshair
    Free Member

At least the BBC aren’t shying away from a robust and detailed debate about the true source of the problem on Any Questions:

I mean, we’re just bringing it on ourselves allowing such ready access to vehicles right? Poor terrorists deserve our sympathy- we’re practically asking them to mow people down 😯

jimjam
    Free Member

crosshair – Member

At least the BBC aren’t shying away from a robust and detailed debate about the true source of the problem on Any Questions:

Well fair play to the BBC. They stuck to their guns that people had indeed been “attacked by a van” in Barcelona, and lets not forget that lorry rampage in Nice.

piemonster

Edit, actually not sure my memory of any questions is correct

Edit the edit, actually it’s possible that question was asked by an audience member and not a panelist.

rmacattack
    Free Member

how about some sort of bollard at the entrance and exit of main pedestrian zones

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’ve held back until now but thought I’d share a bit of local background. I live 20 miles from Cambrils and 25 from Alcanar.
    Cataluña has effectively 3 police forces, Guardia Civil and Policia who operate Spain-wide and are controlled from Madrid and Mossos d’Esquadra which is run from Barcelona. The Mossos are the most visible around where we live and are the ones who shot the Cambrils terrorists. I have heard from a reliable source that information sharing on terrorism between Madrid and Cataluña has been until very recently non existant, there is an ongoing independance row going on between Cataluña and the rest of Spain with another referendum planned in October. If, as has been reported, there was intel that an attack was imminent, this would have been received in Madrid but not shared with Cataluña which is pretty scandalous.

rmacattack
    Free Member

that’s how the wheel turns unfortunately pistonbroke. unless somebody is on the gravy train or getting their back rubbed nobody gives a damn about nothing.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Eradicate” people before they commit a crime? You mean just like Minority Report? I thought driverless cars were exciting, but the future really has arrived.

Think of it more as ‘innoculation’. Stop it it before it does a lot of damage.

Oh wait….

jambalaya
    Free Member

My 2 cents

Why do al qaeda terrorists commit suicide then, there’s no al qaeda caliphate on the cards ?

They are not commiting suicide. They are being killed “in battle” fighting for Islam – this is Jihad
    Dying whilst carrying out Jihad gets you “mega status” in heavan and in the eyes of those remaining on earth. In heaven its 72 fresh virgins every day etc …

jimjam
    Free Member

I already said that.

wilburt
    Free Member

The swift way Mossos dealt with the five in Cambrils does support the argument for more armed police.

Better send them off as martyrs before they can do much harm.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Aparently 1 mossos shot 4 out of the 5. Not sure what the Catalan for chapeau is, maybe “molt ve!”

zanelad
    Free Member

In heaven its 72 fresh virgins every day etc …

**** me, that’s one every 20 minutes 😀 I couldn’t keep that up for much more than a year or two.

zippykona

How do the virgins get there? Are they necessarily female or even human?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes they are human they list the attibutes here its quite long

In heaven its 72 fresh virgins every day etc

They call it paradise FWIW

Its at least 72[ virginal wives] when you arrive nd 80,000 slaves.

there is no daily component you are in error with that claim

hat’s one every 20 minutes I couldn’t keep that up for much more than a year or two

The hadith has this covered as you get a permanent erection…cycling is going to be difficult

Cougar

How do the virgins get there? Are they necessarily female or even human?

They’re the other suicide terrorists.

wilburt
    Free Member

Not much incentive for the ladies, they only get one fella and have to lump it.

I’m also not sure about the logistics of this 72 to 1 ratio.

Call me an old cynic but I suspect some of this may have been made up to keep folk in olden times in line.

alpin
    Free Member

how about some sort of bollard at the entrance and exit of main pedestrian zones

They have this now in many places in France.

Saw it most recently in Bordeaux the other week. A company name on some bollards, something like “Ram-stop”. Nice.

crankboy
    Free Member

Mother Theresa died a virgin and Anne Widdecombe is likely to, not sure 72 of the sort that get to heaven a virgin is a reward.

Sandwich

[/quote]How do the virgins get there?

Games Workshop is going to be short of customers!

zanelad
    Free Member

[/quote]Mother Theresa died a virgin and Anne Widdecombe is likely to, not sure 72 of the sort that get to heaven a virgin is a reward

In the words of Fagan, the pick pocket geezer, not the sitting on the end of the queen’s bed one ” I’m reviewing the situation”

May give the Jihad a miss……..?

Mackem

What’s so great about Virgin’s anyway? Don’t know what they are doing.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All these ‘Jihadists’ need to know who Louise is. They’d be popping themselves off just to meet her!
    Problem solved!

myopic
    Free Member

myopic
    Free Member

Post deleted on reflection of thread title

jimjam
    Free Member

An 18 year old Moroccan has been arrested for the attack in Finland. Apparently he specifically targeted women and one of his victims was a mother with a baby buggy.

The attacker arrived in Finland as part of the asylum process in 2016.

Strange or incongruous that no one thought it thread worthy (or even worth mentioning on STW) despite several posters here claiming to feel equal empathy for everyone everywhere 🙄

kimbers

That is indeed horrible jimjam, im sure you’ve proved a point though, so well done.

wilburt
    Free Member

The Barcelona thread has digressed and there isnt a seperate one for Cambrils, Finland or Russia. I suspect people have said all there is to say on he subject.

Maybe thats the answer, just treat them like naughty kids looking for attention and dont give em any.

Drac

Strange or incongruous that no one thought it thread worthy

Off you go then.

spekkie
    Free Member

Sounds like the final terrorist, the van driver, has been shot and killed wearing an explosive vest.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Catalan news is reporting that he was shot in the village of Subirats which is a couple of km from where we bought our camper. Feels very close to home.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

About time too. Like I said before, ‘If’ these creatures are known to the security services they should be sorted before they can do any damage to innocent people. May sound harsh but that’s a life/death situation.

If they aren’t known to the security services then thats a shame.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

They are not commiting suicide. They are being killed “in battle” fighting for Islam – this is Jihad
    Dying whilst carrying out Jihad gets you “mega status” in heavan and in the eyes of those remaining on earth. In heaven its 72 fresh virgins every day etc …

err, if they are wearing fake suicide vests so they are sure of being killed, i.e. they have gone out with the intent of dying, then that’s pretty much suicide, is it not? Pretty sure their life insurance would pull that clause if they had any.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

From what I’ve heard recently they wouldn’t have had any qualms about killing so many children in the attack because, being children, they are innocents and so will therfore being going straight to heaven. This was the justification the Taliban gave when they slaughtered all those children at that school in Peshawar.

Mackem

Catalan news is reporting that he was shot in the village of Subirats which is a couple of km from where we bought our camper. Feels very close to home.

really?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Yes mackem, strictly speaking Subirats is a district, we bought our van from Vilafranca de Penedes. By close to home, I meant places we have been recently together with living half way between Cambrils and Alcanar. Mrs PB commented today that the N340 that we use almost daily was the road they probably used to get up to Barcelona and Cambrils.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter where it happened, the bastard’s dead & he can naff of to wherever he believes is ‘paradise’

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Van attack in Barcelona’ is closed to new replies.