Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Valve Extenders
  • Milkie
    Free Member

I have tried and failed at putting these Shimano valve extenders on to a Schwalbe inner tube.

Photo below shows the valve core has a very fine thread, as you can see the valve extender has a course thread.

There is a high possibility that I could be doing something wrong, but I don’t know what!? Or have I bought the wrong type of valve extenders? Here is how I think they should go together, but the threads are different.

Stoner
    Free Member

youre screwing it on to the wrong end.

leave the valve in the inner tube, but with the valve head open, screw the extender on to the inner tube valve cap thread.

pdw
    Free Member

Leave the valve core in, open the valve, turn the extender 180 degrees and screw it on.

Edit: yeah what stoner said.

onandon
    Free Member

There are a few different sorts of extender. I have the ones which you think you have. It, you remove the care and install in the extender. However, these you leave the core in place.

pdw
    Free Member

If it’s like the one that I’ve got, you may find that you can use the narrow end of the extender to open and close the valve. I only use the extender when pumping, and remove it at other times.

mrjmt
    Free Member

What did you remove that valve core with? A rock?

Milkie
    Free Member

What a freakin numpty! I was over thinking it, wondering how an earth do you stop the air escaping when you remove the pump, forgetting that is the whole purpose of a valve core! 😳

Thanks for the reply guys! I also found out, after a bit of Googling that these extenders are for non removable cores, you can also get ones for removable cores. 😉

No I didn’t use a rock, I used two rocks! 😆

onandon
    Free Member

They usually have a couple of flat edges on the tube to get a spanner on it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Valve Extenders’ is closed to new replies.