Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Value this Solaris on Ebay for me please ?
  • weeksy

Maybe a slightly risky thread a I don’t know if the Ebay guy comes on here and your replies could all pee him off hahahhaaha.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201164344304?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That in the right sort of ballpark ? I rekon it’s more an £1100 than a full asking price ?

chambord
    Free Member

That lawn is far too tidy to belong to someone from here. I think you’re safe.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yep I’d say the 900 side of things is more realistic.

nuke

I think £1100 is fair to high…with some rough guesstimates 300-350 frame, 200-250 forks, 100 wheels so, based on 1100, 400-500 for other bits

Lummox

Remember even if it is worth £900 the seller will lose 20% in seller fees so may be looking to recoup those.

Personally if it was a xl which are rare as hens teeth you could ask a bit more, having just built a secondhand/ new one up I would have struggled to get near the build for that.

weeksy

Thanks lads.

I’m not actually looking at a cash deal, more a trade deal on the MetaAM29, but looks like we’re in the same sort of ball park.

pete68
    Free Member

How tall are you Weeksy? I think a medium maybe too small for you as I seem to remember from previous threads you’re over 6ft. I’ve got a medium Solaris you could try for size if you wish. I’m also west Berkshire.

weeksy

I’m just under/on 6′ mate.

Throw me a mail please Pete, it would be VERY much appreciated.

dougieb
    Free Member

I looked at that solaris and I also thought the seller was looking for too much, especially given the 3×9 build. I bid on solaris a couple of weeks before that eventually went for just over £1120 and it was a superior build and was worth it at the selling price.

weeksy

Agree on the 3×9 but I’d probably just remove the big ring and 2×9 it with a Bash anyway, so not a major issue.

I’m not helped by the fact CRC and other slashed the Commencals to silly money as I rekon my MetaAM29 is ‘worth’ more…. but it’s actually in the real resale world not… Which irks me slightly. But giving that I paid only £1600 for the Meta, it’s not the end of the world.

weeksy

Just waiting for blokey to come back to me… but rekon i’ll be doing the deal.

NormalMan

Hope it works out for you. I can’t comment on the Commie but I do have a Solaris and it hasn’t disappointed yet.

Don’t forget to post up some pics if you get it. I had a thread running with them only a couple of months back so worth reviving!

weeksy

I saw the thread from Google search on reviews.

duff
    Free Member

I looked at that solaris and I also thought the seller was looking for too much, especially given the 3×9 build. I bid on solaris a couple of weeks before that eventually went for just over £1120 and it was a superior build and was worth it at the selling price.

Is that the new one on eBay that’s been listed about 15 times?

weeksy

There’s no Solaris’s on Ebay at the moment ? Only Souls and a Bfe ?

tonyd

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Of course there was!

duckman

Hopefully a happy ending for both…

robbonzo
    Free Member

[/url]solaris and yeti by 55b7bb821ed24e40ecaad9db375d2e57, on Flickr[/img]

Here’s a shameless pic of mine. Love it, im 5’9 and on a medium.

NormalMan

weeksy – Member
    I saw the thread from Google search on reviews

Cool. Bring the thread back kicking and screaming with your new bike 😉

weeksy

Thanks to Pete I’ve now tried a Solaris in the M 🙂

Fits nicely. All good. Weighs about half the weight of my Meta. We’ll be doing the deal on Sunday 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Value this Solaris on Ebay for me please ?’ is closed to new replies.