• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Value of juicy 5s
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

1 years use, fresh fluid and bleed, brand new pads, matchmaker clamps, white, long hoses. 2 spare pairs of sintered pads.

no rotors or adaptors

How much are they worth?

dmiller
    Free Member

£40 to £60 maybe?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

hope your £40 is a p*** take

renton
    Free Member

what size discs are they running?

edit… doh must read thread properly before replying!!

Futureboy
    Free Member

I just sold a brand new set for 100 quid for a quick sale.

njee20
    Free Member

Well you can get brand new complete sets for £150, considering adapters and rotors are about £60 worth I think £40-60 isn't a stupid amount!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For a full set used, I'd say £80 is about right. Without adaptors or rotors, no more than £50.

renton
    Free Member

can i get some pics anyway please!! email in profile.

cp

you can get brand new sets for 129, so as pointed out, they're not much use to someone unless they happen to have rotors and mounts for avid brakes. if buying these new, your brakes would have to be cheap!

are the spare sintered pads Avid ones?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

wooooah fellas – was just looking to get a ball park figure. if i included 160mm and 180mm rotors plus adaptors – what then?

dmiller
    Free Member

hope your £40 is a p*** take

Sorry no mate 🙁 New brakes are pretty cheap to be honest and the Juicy 5 is not a boutique brake.

if i included 160mm and 180mm rotors plus adaptors – what then?

£80 to £100 I would say as new ones are £130.

EDIT

Perhaps a bit more as the 180 rotor is a nice thing to have – new ones have 160/160 from what I know?

David.

njee20
    Free Member

New ones are available with each of the different rotors sizes, it's generally £5 extra for a 180.

£80-£100 depending on condition.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Sold a full rear avid 5 via email – complete except rotor bolts, inc new avid sintered pads and service by LBS, only a minor scratch on lever, 1 year old… £35 is what I got. Also sold a full front brake, a little older (black version) but with new pads… £25. I wouldn't hold up for a lot of cash as there is a few deals on new stuff, plus a lot of used brakes on sale.

To put in perspective I managed to get a full new set of XT brakes with discs and new servo levers from LBS for £170 fitted (rrp is around £300).

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

meant ebay not email! oh and the brakes I sold had 185mm rotors front and rear which are about £48 new I hear, so I think £35 for a rear and £25 for a front complete was a bargain for someone – especially as the pads fitted were 1 ride old and cost £16 each end, no use to me though so I let them go.

Used bike kit is not a cash cow unfortunately – otherwise I'd be mint.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive just paid £145 for a pair of brand new white ones with 180mm rotors, I'm well happy with them 😀

18bikes

£0, perhaps -£

RicB

Something's worth what someone's prepared to pay. Unfortunately for you in this case the answer is; not much :-/

I paid £30 for a vgc Juicy 5 rear with split clamp, 160mm rotor & bracket, new pistons and caliper seals and new pads.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Value of juicy 5s’ is closed to new replies.