Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Valentino Rossi
  • Pigface
    Free Member

If you want to see what happens when a GP rider takes on the TT look at Pat Hennen. There is a world of difference between road courses and circuits. It is almost like road course riders are bred for it. Just people with a different mind set. Riders like Jason Griffiths were great on the island but didnt do much else. People will point at Foggy but he never made it in GP’s and was of the era of Hislop and Jeffries. Not sure we will see their like again.

Ade Ward do you remember a rider called Steve Ellis????

bigdawg
    Free Member

ade I remember that year very well and on those bikes it was incredible, not a patch on todays bikes.

Rossi at the TT, we’ll never know – theres a reason the top riders dont ride the TT every year, theres only a certain type of rider that can ride it fast. In the past Rossi, Edwards, Bayliss, Lawson, Gardner, schwantz and a lot of top guys have all ridden it, and theyve all said the same thing – no way… run offs are replaced with brick wall, rumble strips with kerbstones and in the mountains if you make a mistake youll fall down the side of it…

It was a good last lap but for my money still doesnt beat imola 2002, the lasp few laps of the last race bayliss and edwards, winner takes world champ – most amazing race Ive ever seen

GaVgAs
    Free Member

yep agree bigdawg,I think bayliss could have mixed it with some of the top riders in moto gp,its a shame he took the wsb route imho 😥

nickc

Would Rossi win over a lap of the TT? Maybe, maybe not. Would he be there or thereabouts? Without a doubt.

clive
    Free Member

Rossi doing the tt dont make me laugh
    You have to be barking mad and northern to run good times on the tt
    Seeing DJ a few years ago steaming down bray hill flat out

mad as a box of frogs !!!!!

proper bike racing none of this if i fall off i land in a nice deep gravel trap
    get it wrong on the tt and your arse is hanging out of a hedge 😯
    Rossi would wet his pants on a scooter let alone a 200+bhp fire breathing street bike

Hairychested
    Free Member
    lobby_dosser
    Free Member

1st time I’d watched MotoGP for years and thought it was fantastic.

when did GP riders start putting there legs out coming into corners supermoto style?

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking of popping over there next year…

Lanesra
    Free Member

If being mad seems to be the pre-requisite to enter the TT how about this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShacMAn_HK8&feature=related

theflatboy
    Free Member
    ken_shields
    Free Member

hora….if you want to go to the TT next year then you best book your tickets and hotel now

There’s a lot of people who book their hotel and ferry for the following year before they leave

uplink
    Free Member

I remember Mike Hailwood describing his line at a point near Kirk Michael at very high speed

There is [was] a manhole cover 12″ from the kerb & the best line is between the cover & the kerb at the apex
    Problem is, there’s also a telegraph pole close to the kerb

Hailwood said “it’s not too bad, I just move my head to one side” 😯

martinxyz
    Free Member

Having passed my bike test last year and knowning roughly what a bike feels like going around left and right handers,its a bit diffrent to a car and a hell of a lot harder.it will take decades to feel confident on any bend that jumps out on me at whatever speed i want. you could say that if a car race was staged around the TT course then the likes of loeb would memorize it enough to pin it all the way but he could get away with not knowning it as well as a motorcyclist and make corrections on every other corner.. and live to tell the tale. Not on bike though.

rossi on a motorbike would never pin the TT course within a week.He wouldnt pin it over a few months of practicing! Hes got the fear and admits he has the fear of the TT. he would have to hit every fast corner with confidence and near perfection to stay on/win.
    you could get away with so much in a car though.there is NO WAY rossi could do it in a week.
    Have a look at the big picture in this months superbike magazine,pages 6&7 of michael dunlop.Hes probably over a ton in the pic.its blind and bonkers.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Valentino Rossi’ is closed to new replies.