Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Valentino Rossi
  • Lanesra
    Free Member

Anyone else watch the race, **** hell what a last lap. Cemented his place as the greatest of all time. I watched it in Bar Italia the place went mental when he stuck it inside Lorenzo on the last corner :thumbsupsmiley:

smogmonster

Yep, one hell of a final lap that..i was hoping for Lorenzo to snatch it, but cant argue with Rossi’s legend status.

Lanesra
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve seen a race like that, the pair of them were immense. Loved Jorge’s comment about the next race – Should be a cracking second half of the season

Moto GP > F1

nicko74

Ah, beat me to it! I was jumping around my living room watching the last 5 laps; I have a good mate in Barcelona who must be raging right now…

Northwind

Not just Rossi, Jorge was amazing too, wouldn’t have been a race with just Rossi you know 😉 More racing in that last 3 laps than in a whole season of certain 4-wheeled sports…

Lanesra
    Free Member

Mentally, I think Jorge’s tough enough to stand up to Rossi (and ability wise as well) – He’s managed to dispatch, Biaggi, Gibernau, Hayden (fluke win), Stoner etc etc.. But can he hold off Jorge, as I said earlier should be a cracking end to the season

brakes
    Free Member

looks like he let him through!

Rossi should do the TT

Lanesra
    Free Member

Let him through 🙄

If Rossi was to enter the TT. He would win a class within the week, greatest motorcycle rider ever.

nickc

looks like he let him through!

were you watching a different race!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

is this repeated on any of the bbc channels?

brakes
    Free Member

well Rossi made passing him on the last corner look easy then

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Absoloutly stunning racing,I have never seen such a determined effort to win a race.The Italian Journos will be silenced for a while at least.

Why was Casey so shattered at the end of the race?

I dont think Rossi would win at the IOM,Its a completley different ball game all together,(road racing that is)theres no question about his talent,but it takes a long time to get proply dialed in at the tt,imho.and it defo takes more than a week!

the_lecht_rocks

truly brilliant racing during the last 5 laps. psychological and physical racing expertise !

both brilliant – wonder if lorenzo will eclipse rossi in the future ?

stoner was blown away physically – wonder if it was a play for the camera’s or the heat was too much ?

Lanesra
    Free Member

It’s running again now on the red button.

Rossi would piss the TT given a week to learn the track. Road and track racing are no different its all about finding your limit.

Lorenzo looks like he has “it” to beat Rossi but many have done it then been vanquished (Hayden, Stoner, Biaggi, Gibernau etc etc). Jorge looked up for it after the race lets see what happens at Assen

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Watchin it now, 4 th lap !! 8)

the_lecht_rocks

lanesra – road and track are no different ! ? ! WTF ?????????

limit on a road TT circuit is well below that of the track….

Lanesra
    Free Member

I meant, as a professional motorbike racer – Rossi, transcends classes etc..Look what he did in his first race(season) on the M1.

I have no doubt that if he was to enter the TT/WSB/BSB – he would win it in his first season.

He can find the limit on whatever bike/track he’s on and exploit it

SST
    Free Member

Apparently Casey was shattered cos he was “making the bike do things it just wasn’t meant to do” – his third place was the result of a really intense effort on his part.

Great race for first though – how many times did they swap the the lead on that last lap? lol

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Rossi did a lap of the TT course last week, he was pretty surprised at how fast Agostini was! LoL. I don’t think he would win it, it’s a completely different thing altogether. You need to be pretty mental to ride fast at it, average lap speed of 131mph is terrifying. I love motorcycles, I’m pretty good at it but watching the on-board camera through the built up areas is pretty scary.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh my God the man is incredible 😯 what a pass and then held it in tight on the last turn, fabulous result.

hora
    Free Member

Agree with Gavgas. The dips/compressions/undulations where the bikes fairings bottom out- crests/grates etc. Takes someone willing to take bigger risks. Sure he could win it- he doesnt need to though.

That 21yr old lad (cant remember his name)- he had an utterly stunning run- took balls to the wind IMO as well as some talent.

grahamt1980

Rossi when asked about the TT on the coverage last week said he thought it was mad. He also said he was glad that it was no longer a part of the superbikes champs.
    That said a lot to me

GaVgAs
    Free Member

As Zedsdead says 😉

Murray Walker once asked Steve Hislop, What makes a great TT rider?

Hislop replied “Aim for the middle of the black bit between the two green bits and hang on!” 😯

nicko74

Just watching the last 5 laps on my PVR. That overtake at the end of the 3rd-last lap was absolutely mindblowing – pulling his knee in and then laying his bike down in front of Lorenzo…

Lanesra
    Free Member

Rossi did a lap of the TT course last week, he was pretty surprised at how fast Agostini was! LoL. I don’t think he would win it, it’s a completely different thing altogether. You need to be pretty mental to ride fast at it, average lap speed of 131mph is terrifying. I love motorcycles, I’m pretty good at it but watching the on-board camera through the built up areas is pretty scary.

Rossi does 210+ on the M1 week in week out. 131 mph is hardly terrifying.

He was was never going to turn up as one of the richest sportsmen in the world and a true motorbike racer, then proceed to slag everyone off and say he’d piss the race.

snaps
    Free Member

131mph is average speed around the TT lap.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Is it really 🙄

Untill he does it (or moves classes) I suppose it’s a pointless argument. Though I still believe he’d win on whatever bike/course you put him on

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Lanersa, I don’t know if you ride motorcycles or not but have a look at this video:

Guy Martin on board camera

It’s the toughest course in the world, it doesn’t even come close to the groomed surfaces of the circuits usually used for racing.

And 131mph average speed is amazingly fast! Next time you go for a journey in your car somewhere, if you have a trip computer reset it and then check your average speed when you arrive at wherever you are going. That’ll give you some idea of the feat John McGuiness has achieved. You’ll think you’re travelling well but will be very dissapointed at your average speed – it’s always less than you think it will be….

Enjoy the video.

ChrisA
    Free Member

He wouldn;t win within a week, thats rubish, totally different style of riding. Rossi is used to riding 210+ mph on a track granted, but to ride the tt at 130+ mph average over 37.5 miles on the queens highway like plater / mcguiness /louther, etc with zero runoff is truely bonkers.

MotoGP excellent today, makes a nice change from the past few races. One of the best moves of the day was into turn 1 on 2nd to last lap, rossi tucking he knee back in to miss Lorenzo, last of the very last demon late brakers and still made the corner!!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the 21 year old is Michael Dunlop. Superb riding for someone that young, at the TT too where experience is very important. His first few laps in the damp were well impressive (and I have raced motorbikes in my time). One to watch in the future for sure.

But that move by Rossi was as good as it gets. How he found the space and how he got it stopped was just pure class.

hora
    Free Member

sorry if I get flamed and maybe I am alittle niave on this but its almost like F1 to WRC. Schummacher was onced asked if he would switch to rally and he replied ‘and get myself killed’??

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What makes Rossi so good is making a bike do things it shouldn’t be capaple of doing, not just riding to perfection but pushing beyond that and finding something else….. on the TT that’s not a good idea and probably why he said he wouldn’t want to do it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you think he would be any good on a DH mountain bike? he is pretty handy in a rally car and on a circuit in an F1 car.

I took a mate of mine who is a very good motorcyclist out to GT and within an hour he was riding quicker than me – so I am sure the motorcycling skills transfer to MTBs

Northwind

Rossi could be a TT winner, TBH he could do anything on a motorbike if he set his mind to it and decided that the risk was worthwhile I think, but he couldn’t just walk from the GP paddock and jump on a TT superbike and piss it, that’s just silly talk.

(people get a bit overexcited about the TT, it’s not “the toughest course in the world”, Monaghan and Tandragee alone are tougher street circuits frinstance)

PJ266
    Free Member

Guy Martin races DH. Quite well.

chopperT
    Free Member

For the interest of Rossi fans, I have the FIA engine seal from the Subaru WRC (S11 05/008)that Rossi drove in RallyNZ in 06. From engine number 05STI02. It is accompinied by the life sheet for the engine, that shows all the stages/kms covered, and shows the driver as V Rossi.

Is that kinda cool/interesting, or just really anorak?

adeward
    Free Member

in a past life i used to run the ohlins race service in british superbike and worked at the tt with foggy and hislop on the year they first broke the 120mph average ,, those guys were v brave/stupid amazing
    v hard to set up bikes for as the course is so varied

that year we did a lap on mountain bikes for the riders charity

but back on point Rossi was stunning one of the best last laps ever

richtea
    Free Member

I was on the edge of my seat watching those last 4-5 laps, utterly amazing. GOAT indeed

theflatboy
    Free Member

Though I still believe he’d win on whatever bike/course you put him on

i don’t think anyone in their right mind would argue that he doesn’t have the natural gift to do the business at the TT. the point is whether he has the kamikaze mentality you need to ride at the limit on a circuit where the payback if things go wrong is so massive. if anything it’s a positive if you don’t, as it shows you value your life!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Valentino Rossi’ is closed to new replies.