Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Valencia F1 role call
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

GO KOBAYASHI!

ianpinder
    Free Member

Germany 1 engand 0

bruneep

He's my driver of the day!

ianpinder
    Free Member

Love christian horners (sp) line.
    Germanies best result of the day

Was a good solid race by him, managed to stay out of trouble. Shame of hamiltons drive through because that would really made it interesting.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nice ot see 3 english guys taking the piss out of a german. Lol, I like vettle now.

the-muffin-man

I know its a bit late in this thread(!), but I thought the commentators were being very harsh on Kovi – Webber had loads of room down the RH side to get past but just cocked-up the closing distance IMO.

rOcKeTdOg

someone give Kobayashi a decent car every race

ianpinder
    Free Member

I think it was webbers mistake.

ianpinder
    Free Member

kobayashi is my driver of the day, though it was a solid race from both hamilton, to get the jump on webber, and of course vettle.

Marmoset
    Free Member

It was pretty boring though, Webbo's flypast was the most 'entertaining' part, although I thought he was gonna geet seriously hurt when it happened, thankfully not though.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

How can horner saw webber is completely blameless with a straight face? Was clearly webbers fault and his fault entirely

ianpinder
    Free Member

He blamed it on the lotus being rubbish, webber should of not been up the arse of a car which brakes so early should he.

Houns

DC get het up now

Creg

Couldnt agree with Eddie Jordan more, Coulthard is talking utter bollocks IMO.

Webber was stupidly close and paid the price

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I've lost respect for DC after today. Well done EJ for talking sense.

ianpinder
    Free Member

What did he say, watching the footie now

MS
    Free Member

I would agree with DC. Yes webber was close but kov made 2 moves when he shouldn't have. I think webber did forget what car was infront though, as the lotus brakes a bit earlier than the top teams.

Racing incident I say, just unlucky really.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I got no problem with Hamilton being English – after all I was born in England from English parents – I have an issue with him because he overcooks it so often and endangers others

How many times has he been penalised now? seems like an awful lot and more than other drivers.

He ahs a reputation for being over aggressive. I tell you that if that had been alonso making that move you would have been after his blood.

Google "hamilton penalty" and you get a load of hits – and quotes from other drivers who have no sympathy for him. He is nearly as bad as Shumacher

aP
    Free Member

TJ he's racing for wins, therefore he pushes the limits more.
    Webber was funny just now on red button.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

aP – and how many times has he been penalised for cheating and for crashing into rivals – too many times. I suppose the drivers who don't get these penalties are driving for second place?

Very one eyed

eth3er
    Free Member

TJ can we have an answer to your question please – how many?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Can you compare the penalties, with other drivers and tell us all how many less/more he has had.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton
    2008 – malasia demoted for blocking a flying lap
    Bahrain crashed into the back of alonso
    Canada crashed into Raikonen in the pits. Penalised
    Frande – cut chicane – penalised
    Belgium – cut chicane – penalised
    Austrailia lied to stewards

Warned in 2010 for weaving and reprimanded forpit lane incident

He has also crashed a fair few times and made other misjudgements

Thats not a complete list but I can't be bothered to find any more. Hardly a glowing record is it?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

You're just racist TJ

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nope – dangerous tosserist.

eth3er
    Free Member

off to dig Alonsos' record.

I'll start with 'spygate'

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Frande – cut chicane – penalised

Where?

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Haha lewis always has his enemies from jealous individuals.

I never used to be a fan, he was too arrogant but he has now earnt some of it, and kerbed it at the same time.

He has so many penalties becuase he is 1) a real racer and 2) unfairly victimised by marshalls.

he drives dangerously?? oh come on, hes a race driver not a f ing granny going shopping. Hes the most entertaining driver to watch by far! Need more drivers like him, and with the likes of kobyashi we are getting some 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Even other drivers think Hamilton is often unfairly targeted by stewards

http://www.forumula1.net/2009/f1/f1-news/sutil-hamilton-punishments-could-be-racism/

Some of the penalties against him appear to be very harsh – e.g. Spa 2008

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

2) unfairly victimised by marshalls.

no he hasnt.

Marshals have nothing to do with it.

the FIA Stewards on the other hand.

the Marshals are 'Judges of Fact' but as my info pack for the British GP states the Stewards may overrule to Judges of Fact.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We was robbed

The refs got it in for us

Its not fair!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

TJ, isnt that a summary of Alonso's radio traffic?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL – pretty much. He does like a whinge

uplink
    Free Member

I find it quite amusing that Hamilton appears to have Alonso rattled – I suspect his pre-occupation with Hamilton in today's race cost him a place or two

hora
    Free Member

How many times has he been penalised now? seems like an awful lot and more than other drivers.

Someone soo green and soo talented. Imagine in a few years time when his talent matures. Jeesus, first year and he was right up there. This lads talent-window is on another level to the rest.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

He essentially beat alonso in his rookie year and actually lost the championship for himself, as opposed to failing to win it, due to two mistakes when the pressure got to him. Had he not been told to back off at monaco, he definately would have won. Kimi only won it by 1 point in the end.
    He really is in a different league and thats why ppl don't like him

hora
    Free Member

No the team tyre-call in China lost him the championship. **** idiots kept him out lap after lap even though the commentators etc etc could see the tyre starting to degrade.

That was an epic team FAIL.

uplink
    Free Member

That's one of his failings though Hora – he could have over-ruled the team & made his own tyre calls

He rarely does though

hora
    Free Member

I know. Thats part of his greeness. The more confident/rounded he gets the more his potential will be 360…

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

one thing i remember being said about Shoemaker a few years ago by his race engineer was about how calm he was on the radio during a race, as if he was just sat watching the TV. were as other drivers could sound harried, and didnt have the extra capacity to be talking and driving.

I've noticed this a few times with Hamilton on the radio.
    for example: watch the highlights from Turkey: http://www.formula1.com/video/

talking to the engineer after being told to save fuel – how calmly he is talking.

also funny is the spainish highlights – Hamilton is on the radio when his tyre blows.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Valencia F1 role call’ is closed to new replies.