Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Utterly gratuitous proud father photograph
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

He’s two and quarter and today he scooted along for at least half a meter without putting his feet down! 😆

The ever present tongue of concentration clearly helped.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Fantastic!

😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yay! Cool bike too 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oar sum!

Dave Hemming would be proud of the tongue!

brakes
    Free Member

careful! he’s going to slip over on that blue paint you’ve spilled

matt_outandabout

yay for kids on bikes!!!!

Edric64
    Free Member

As I assume you are a cyclist the least you could do is get a helmet that fits your child properly and get the strap sorted out

geetee1972
    Free Member

Eric you’re completely right of course. We’ve had something of a nightmare getting him to even wear one since the first time we put it on him (when he was on the cross bar saddle of my bike) we pinched the underside of his chin. The knipchons we had subsequently were horrendous. So we’re being cautious making the strap too tight but we should try now he’s more amenable to it.

He did crash into something today. Later on I said he had done amazing bike riding and he said ‘no daddy I didn’t, I crashed’ 😆

Definitely my son then.

mu3266
    Free Member

Is that the S-Works model? 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Stunning. I remember my nipper scooting along now she is romping around all over the place in an On-one.

nuke

Superb 😀

…and excellent use of Meadowbank playground 8)

GregMay
    Free Member

Bloody fat bikes everywhere….

Well done dad 😉

dan1980
    Free Member

I love the way he’s got his tounge out concentrating. I’m 31 and still do that! 😆

Mike_D
    Free Member

Here’s my youngest (2yrs 8mths) getting a bit “moto” the other week 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

Great pics and nice bikes! Better put some more money in my boys bike fund, it wont be long now! 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

My five year old rode without stabilizers this weekend. He’s had a balance bike for some time now and decided this weekend to ride his big bike properly.

I was expecting a whole day of tears, falling down, and tantrums, (and that was just me), but he simply got on it and rode away, leaving me utterly gobsmacked!

rOcKeTdOg

Brilliant photo
    Some great looking helmets here too http://www.kiddimoto.co.uk/helmets

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wow Mike, that’s seriously impressive style for his age! Hope mine’s got that kind of ability in four months!

rob2
    Free Member

my daughter has one of those hotwalks, she won’t ride the thing which is gutting!

petrieboy

Mine at big bike bash this year (never seen so many Rothans in one small space)
    The best thing is how they learn without knowing it so it’s totally stress free

mugsys_m8

Great Stuff.

Feels great eh!

ratherbeintobago

How tall do they have to be to fit a balance bike?

Andy

(thinking ahead by about 9 months)

geetee1972
    Free Member

When you say ‘by about nine months’ I guess that means you’ve only just found she’s pregnant? 😀

How tall do they have to be to fit a balance bike?

It’s more about their leg length than height. We got our son’s Spesh Hot Walk in June last year when he was 19 months old. He couldn’t use it, even with the seat post cut right down so we could get the saddle down. His feet were just about on the floor but he wasn’t strong enough to hold the thing up.

None of that matters though because you can spend a few months scooting him/her around the garden on it, with you holding the bars for them. Our lad loved this and I think that he now loves riding it himself.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Hope mine’s got that kind of ability in four months!

Four months is a long time at that age 🙂

mrseymour
    Free Member

Whats the weight of it
    8)

wwaswas

we pinched the underside of his chin

happened to both my kids too with similar results – you’d think they coudl put a little disk of plastic behind the clip to stop that sort of thing happening, wouldn’t you.

*wanders off to Dragons Den with his bright idea*

tobyToby
    Free Member

I got my son a Rothan for his second birthday, but he wasen’t really interested in it for about 6 months after that (It was a bit big for him).

He’s now just hit is fourth birthday and has nearly outgrown it and I’m wondering how I’m going to get him off it onto a ‘proper’ bike…

BTW I bought the smallest Bell Fraction helmet for hime and it has been a great – helps that it come with 3 separate sizes of pads as well.

Toby

geetee1972
    Free Member

*wanders off to Dragons Den with his bright idea*

Funny you should say that because the issues we ended up having with our lad caused my wife to decide there had to be a better solution and was all for designing something and taking it to market.

Her idea was to have the clip at the side of the head, not under the chin.

What I could never work out was that while we did pinch him putting it on for the first time, he did spend 90 minutes riding with me on my bike. It was only after that he refused point blank to wear it (it totally ruined a big planned day out/picnic about a week later. He literally turned himself inside out when we tried to put it on him. I’d only just bought the cross bar seat so it’s been used once and that’s it!)

Mike_D
    Free Member

You may already be doing this, but I found that putting my own lid on first helped a lot 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Mike that’s exactly what we tried. We also tried leaving his helmet with the other hats that he loves, Fireman Sam etc.

In the end the way we got around it was time. I think the trauma has now worn off.

scaled
    Free Member

happened to both my kids too with similar results – you’d think they coudl put a little disk of plastic behind the clip to stop that sort of thing happening, wouldn’t you.

We’ve got a Puky balance bike for my ltitle girl who’s coming on for 18 months and they Puky helmet doesnt have a ‘clip’ per se. It’s got like a ratchet type which is by far and away the best solution to the problem i’ve seen so far.

I’ll try and get some photos of her on it, still have to hold her upright at the moment but if you try and take her off it she goes crazy 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Some helmets, either Giro or Spesh (forget which, just know I used to sell them!) did have a ‘longer’ female part of the clip on kids helmets so you don’t pinch them.

ratherbeintobago

When you say ‘by about nine months’ I guess that means you’ve only just found she’s pregnant?

Nah – Miss RBIT is 13 months, and tall for her age. Keen to get her on a bike as soon as possible…

Andy

SammyC
    Free Member

Give it a couple of years (just turned 4):

🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Utterly gratuitous proud father photograph’ is closed to new replies.