Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Utrecht – anyone been?
  • Spud

Likely there for a week in early March on a course, anything that’s worth making sure I see/ do?

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I can ask. Never been myself but my missus, who is Dutch, was a student and lived there for seven years!

FuzzyWuzzy

Went over to visit some friends a few years ago, ended up spending most of the time indoors wasted so not really sure what the place is likely – didn’t seem great on the way to the supermarket for more supplies though…

mefty
    Free Member

Nice city, centre is a small version of Amsterdam canal distinct, big university town so is lively, where are you staying? If you want a change of scene, Amsterdam is just over 30 mins by train.

wwaswas

as soon as someone says ‘well X is only a short distance away’ you know that where you are has nothing of interest for the traveller.

Scamper
    Free Member

Got friends who live in Utrecht, but to fair, most of the time i have spent there was in the pub, or as suggested, a quick train hop to the Dam. Utrecht does have its own red light district though! A trip round the canals on a barge is worth it.

Spud

No idea where I’ll be staying yet, but the course is at the university.

alfagtv1969
    Free Member

Yeah, used to live close by. To me it lacks a indentity. Amsterdam is close. I highly recommmend a (road) bike along the Vecht, a canal that goes through Utrecht, and then out towards some unbelievably pretty villages…..everyone speaks English better than us so make some friends and enjoy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Utrecht – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.