Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Usual Dartmoor vistas with added evil hex vision snake
  • Shinythings
    Free Member

Would have been more of us to enjoy the lucky weather and superb views, but we only had geared bikes and our shifters were all inboard 🙂
    We did well considering we all had a late night and long walk home from a Beardy beer festival

Evil hex vision Adder

A good and fat one ready for winter

Steeper than it looks

Trailmonkey showing a clean pair of heals

We’ve had a fair bit of rain

Trailmonkey coping valiantly with his inboard shifters

Tim41 and his gruelling post-ride calorific regime

Anna in the hidden valley

The gates to Aish

bagpuss
    Free Member

Where did you find that! 😯

Shinythings
    Free Member

Whoops!… This should be Tim and his Gruelling post-ride calorific regime

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cracking Adder pics, esp.

trailmonkey

Cracking Adder pics, asp.

fixed

julioflo
    Free Member

East moor?
    Must get hold of you guys and come for a ride someday to find out more about this moor we live near. Never ridden any of those areas!

Shinythings
    Free Member

South moor…. There’s always a wknd ride to join in on, people only have to ask.

carlphillips
    Free Member

south moor thats very close to me and i dont recognise some of those places…any chance of a route card or MM or TL files for that route please?

slugwash
    Free Member

Nice piccies Jim, glad that you’ve got yourself a flickr account at last. Wish I’d come along at the weekend (to the beer festival that is 😉 )

BTW, my Trek’s falling apart after the trip to the Lakes. Can you sort it out in time for Spain please 😉

Ohh, I’ve also found a new bivi spot with level ground and running water nearby. Don’t forget to pack your fly rod 🙂

julioflo
    Free Member

I’m in the South also and don’t recognise any of those shots, although, is that the pub at Scoriton?
    Will get in touch when I know I have a day free at the weekend for a ride!

Shinythings
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t do Sat nav, etc. It’s all on OL28.

I think I can speak for all of us by saying we are more than happy to have newcomers join in.

Pub is South Brent

Slugwash, Where’s it to then? I’ve got a tele rod ready. Still want to do Raven tor bivvy mind.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi Shiny glad to see some ‘moor’ shots must catch up again sometime.

Slugwash, Where’s it to then? I’ve got a tele rod ready. Still want to do Raven tor bivvy mind.

That is the Avon Dam near S.Brent here is another shot from the other side

julianwilson
    Free Member

aaaaah, that is one of my all time favourite of your photos CrispyB. And done with a camera phone as well, wasn’t it?

Shinythings
    Free Member

Think he meant another spot, we did a sub-zero bivvy above the dam earlier in the year 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

Julian you are correct that pic was taken on my mobi.

I hope you had a good Newnham enduro, I did 30k as it was a bit too tough this year for me plus I hurt my hand on the first river crossing 😕 I almost broke it & I’m currently off the bike (again)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Cracking place to ride is Dartmoor.

slugwash
    Free Member

Think he meant another spot, we did a sub-zero bivvy above the dam earlier in the year

No Jim, I meant on top of the actual damn.

Surf-Mat, what’s all this wading business? Haven’t you heard of stepping stones?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Slug – they were completely submerged! In fact I think you’re at the same spot. Several people tried to use them but fell off so three of us just waded through. It was a bit nippy!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Wow – some brilliant photos there – looks like an awesome ride.

slugwash
    Free Member

I think that you were at Bellever. We were at Pixies Holt, but if the Dart was any higher then we’d have done a U-turn 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup those pesky stepping stones Nr Bellever – not good in race shoes 😉 I do like living in Dartmoor 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

snake? snaaake? snaaaakkkkeeeeee!

Shinythings
    Free Member

slugwash
    Free Member

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Great pics, thanks for sharing 🙂

trailmonkey

tim41
    Free Member

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Usual Dartmoor vistas with added evil hex vision snake’ is closed to new replies.