Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • UST Rims
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

what do you think is the best for:

Strength: Mavic 823

Weight: XTR

Both: ??

Pauly

Mavic without a doubt.
    An XM819 would do you for most riding tbh.

peakmonster
    Free Member

Ditto!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I have 823’s!

I was wondering if there’s anything as strong, but lighter and still UST?

MrNutt
    Free Member

highonbikes are a very reputable seller too! damn thats good value! (if you don’t mind centerlock or running adapters)

mboy
    Free Member

819’s are strong enough for just about anything, 823’s only needed if you’re a DHer/Freerider that dings rims regularly really.

househusband

Stick with 819/823’s on your preferred hubs for ease of maintenance and spares/spoke availability should you go abroad, etc..?

dobo
    Free Member

819’s are pretty tough, dont know what tires youre using but i wouldnt want some beefy 2.5’s on them though

you considered stans arch & flow rims?

Radioman

819s are great and a very tough rim. Only downside is slightly narrow. I run them with Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.35s and they are fine. I use them for trail riding and the odd jump/drops. TBH I prefer them to my old Mavic Crossmax SX wheelset as I can run “ordinary” spokes & my favourite hope hubs.

Pauly

819’s will let you run a 2.35 LUST High Roller with no probs. I run them all the time.
    Use 50ml of JRA wheel milk and you’ll be laughing.

dobo
    Free Member

yup, 2.35 HR lust no problem, i’ve had a larger bonty big earl 2.3 on them which were ok but dont think i’d want anything bigger

that said ive seen people on 717 and 2.5’s!

cynic-al
    Free Member

weight? stan’s by a mile

MrNutt
    Free Member

well I have 2.35 HR’s on my 823’s (DT spokes, Pro 2 hubs), I have a recurring nightmare involving pringles! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘UST Rims’ is closed to new replies.