Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UST Help, Leak?
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok i have tried sitting down and reading up on UST and Stans No Tubes etc but it goes over me, im imagining as soon as i need to change a tyre i'll be come a fast learner 🙂

However to the point, i've recently noticed that part of my tyre seems to be further from the rim then another part:

Normal looking:
    Here

Further Away Looking:
    Here

If i run my finger into the deeper groove i can get a small amount of liquid/sealant???

How do i resurrect this? Does it even matter?

I'm running Mavic Ex721 with Stans No Tubes, with Maxxis UST tyres the correct width for the rim.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

TomO

househusband

The tyre isn't seated properly. Have you tried pumping up to a higher pressure? Sometimes manually forcing the tyre can help it 'pop' into place. Also a chance that the rim strip has shifted to one side.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

How would it become unseated? I havent yet i really didnt know if that would cause more harm then good.

Rim strip shifting i imagine is a long winded procedure or repairing?

scaredypants

you "need" lots of soapy water on the bead before inflating to help it slip onto the rim properly (IME anyway)

they tend to *POP* on at about 40psi for me

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok just to point out, i've bought the bike with this set-up and it was fine, so do i use soap and water while it's still on the rim as it is?

br
    Free Member

Compressor and some need 60psi to really 'pop' and seat

ojom
    Free Member

I have never ever used soapy water and get 99% of UST and ghetto'd and weird combos pumped up with just some track pump action.

Get some more pressure in there and job done.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Awesome!! I shall track-pump away on monday!!!

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UST Help, Leak?’ is closed to new replies.