Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Using Sky Remote Record – how???????
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Has anyone actually managed to make it work? I have registered, added phone numbers, tried to activate it, failed, registered different numbers, failed again, got an iPhone with its eversoclever Remote Record app, tried to log in, failed, tried to activate under a different account, re-registered via my Sky+ box, failed.

ARGGHHH! Not that it makes a huge difference to my life, but I just liked the idea of being able to set the thing recording from the pub, I am shallow like that. 🙂

slowclimb
    Free Member

Yep drove me totally radio too, I eventually gave up. Try giving Sky tech help a call if only for the comedy value… 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thank gawd it isn't just me 🙂

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I've used it by sending a text message, that was simple enough.

l45key
    Free Member

I use it all the time from work, not sure about using it with a phone, but from another PC, no problem.

STATO
    Free Member

I somehow managed to get it to work on my iPhone but have since failed to get either my mum or my dads to work on the same sky box. If I ever work out how to do it again ill post on here :0)

CountZero

I got mine to work with TiotiTV+ on my iPhone. You have to register on the website first but it works perfectly. Problem I have now is I have a SkyHD box, but my phone is registered with my Sky+ box, and Sky Interactive keeps saying they're having technical difficulties when I try to change it. Perhaps I have to delete it on my old box first? Have to have a play one evening…

mossimus
    Free Member

Works fine on my iphone and internet explorer
    IIRC you have to register through sky active on your box to start with rather than through the website.

As you have tried to register more than one number, I woudl now giev sky a call to sort it out.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

K – I think I may cancel all the accounts via the Sky+ box and try again from scratch.

It is a useless system though.

DezB
    Free Member

Are you trying to set it up because you think you'll actually use it, or just for the challenge?
    All seems a bit pointless to me..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As said in the original post

Not that it makes a huge difference to my life, but I just liked the idea of being able to set the thing recording from the pub, I am shallow like that

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Fair enough 🙂
    Thought about trying to set it up, it's all like modern futuristic and stuff innit? Like controlling your cooker and fridge remotely… I don't think I'd use it though.
    Unlike the hover car in my garage… once I get that baby running..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Basically I got an iPhone, found the app and needed it.

Still, it is useful to have as I can see what rubbish is on the telly that I don't want to watch anyway and when I do want to watch something and set my Sky+ running, the **** athletics run late and I miss the TdF stage that I wanted to watch! Arghh!

But anyway… A hovercar would be, like, so cool innit! 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

I'm using it on a Windows Mobile phone and it works great. Don't ask me how I did it though!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Using Sky Remote Record – how???????’ is closed to new replies.