Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Using Paypal on Classifieds
  • mjsmke

Can anyone help? Im new to using Paypal and need to pay for something from classifieds. I know not to use gift so if anyone could help out that would be great.

Is it just the ‘Pay for goods and services option?

Thanks

mcnultycop

Yup

bruneep

But there are people on here id quite happily pay gift to and have done so without issue.

vincienup
    Free Member

PayPal goods and services, yarp.

Be aware that PayPal will take a cut of a non-Gift transaction, so if you agreed £25, vendor will only see £23.95 (3.4% + 20pence service). You should discuss this with the vendor first.

Gift isn’t a complete no-no, but you do take your money in your hands when you use it with people you’ve never met.

downhillfast
    Free Member

There are lots of online Pay pal fee calculators, just use one of these to calculate how much you need to send in order for the seller to get the correct amount…

Paypal Fee Calculator.

bruneep

Or the seller factors the fees into their asking price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bruneep – Member
    Or the seller factors the fees into their asking price.

Such a shocking idea, burn him burn him!

mjsmke

Thanks everyone!

jambourgie
    Free Member

bruneep – Member
    But there are people on here id quite happily pay gift to and have done so without issue.

You crazy fool! They’re setting you up for the long con!

jam-bo

Think I’ve been stung for the first time. How easy are PayPal disputes?

tjagain

If I am buying and its someone with a track record on here / known name I will use gift. If I don’t want to use gift I pay the fees so for a £25 item I will send £27

mattyfez

I don’t have a PayPal account as such, I just do a one off payment with debit card via PayPal if I need to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Using Paypal on Classifieds’ is closed to new replies.