Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Using iTunes with iTunes server on Network Attached Storage
  • spooky_b329

I have a Western Digital My Book World II, its meant to allow you to store your music library on the network drive so you can access it from any computer on the network running iTunes…it has some sort of iTunes server on it.

However, iTunes won’t find the shared library, its meant to show up on the left hand bar. Any ideas? iTunes is set to look for shared libraries, and the My Book is set to allow iTunes to update every 5 minutes. There are a couple of albums I’ve dragged into the relevant folder so there is music to find.

I’m stuck!

GrahamS

Can you see the rest of the NAS as normal?

Any firewall (software or hardware) in the way?
    Any “Internet Security Suites”?

spooky_b329

Just the standard windows firewall, Avast Antivirus, no security suites.

Only thing is I have to access the drive in My Computer to enter the password before Picassa will pick up my photo’s, but I’ve entered the password. (I’ve made the drive the default location for Picassa, so thats not using any clever sharing features)

All stuff including files in the shared music folder is accessible. If I double click a track itunes will open up, play it and remember its location, but ignores the rest of the album and doesn’t show the track in a shared location.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Using iTunes with iTunes server on Network Attached Storage’ is closed to new replies.