Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Using an I Phone on 3
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

I know you can't get an official one but has anybody managed to get one to work on the 3 network.

I'm generally happy with the service and have a cracking contract so not fussed about changing phone companies just to get an I Phone.

Cheers

Ken

allthegear
    Free Member

3 are good; I use them for the wee stick thing that gets me on the internet when I'm away from wireless. The thing with iPhone contracts (and payg i think) is that you not only get a significant data transfer allowance with your contract but also access to public wi-fi spots – these turn out to be really handy, I use them an awful lot.

Rachel

sharkbait
    Free Member

My brother [lives in Australia] gave me his 'old' G3 iPhone which was locked to Telstra.
    5 minute job to jailbreak it using Blackra1n and then unlock it using Sn0w (both freely available and literally done with a single mouse click that my primary school daughters could carry out). It's now being used by Mrs SB on O2 but I could also pop any other sim card into it and it would work fine.

Had no issues since the jailbreak 3 months ago.

ken_shields
    Free Member

ATG – I have unlimited internet access on my 3 contract anyway so don't want to change away from 3 so downloading isn't an issue.

I don't know if an I phone will work on 3. If I got a vanilla phone could I just sort out the settings to get it to work?

sharkbait
    Free Member

If it's legally unlocked it 'should' work. If you jailbreak then unlock it it will prob defo work.

CountZero

If you get hold of a second-hand iPhone O2 will unlock it and any SIM will work in it. The new 4G iPhone will be along in June, so there may be a bunch of older phones coming onto the market. I'm keeping my 3G when I upgrade as a backup with a PAYG sim in it, although if someone offered me silly money for it I might change me mind.

northshoreniall

girl at work rang and said she was leaving them, asked her why and she said was to get an iphone they said weren't publicised but were getting them if people asked/ threatened to leave. She's getting on great with it and on really good tariff.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Cheers folks

Thanks for that info…..my contract is up for renewal in October so will be pressing them for a 4G phone as they'll be out by then 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Using an I Phone on 3’ is closed to new replies.