Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Using a workshop stand – Whyte T-130
  • sofabear
    Free Member

This might sound stupid so bear with me please…

I’ve got a Whyte T-130 and I’ve no **** idea on the best placeto clamp the workshop stand to.

The bike has a ‘high level’ shock which mounts to the underside of the top tube so I can’t clamp to the TT. It also has a Reverb so I can’t use the seat post.

Any suggestions?

wiggles
    Free Member

Clamp the reverb just put a rag around it

sofabear
    Free Member

wiggles – Member

Clamp the reverb just put a rag around it

Really? I only have about an inch of the Reverb outer tube showing from my seat tube. Isn’t there a chance of bending/deforming the Reverb inner if I clamp there because of the weight of the bike?

DickBarton

What size frame? I clamp mine on seat tube – not seat post – it fits in the triangle at top seat tube.

sofabear
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member

What size frame? I clamp mine on seat tube – not seat post – it fits in the triangle at top seat tube.

It’s a medium. The jaws of my clamp are too big for that triangle at the top of the seat post.

It’s a Stealth Reverb too so I can’t just swap that out for a regular seat post.

Think I might have to modify the width of the jaws on the clamp.

legend
    Free Member

I only have about an inch of the Reverb outer tube showing from my seat tube

So you just lift more of the reverb out of the frame then clamp it. feed some more cable through if needed

sofabear
    Free Member

legend – Member

So you just lift more of the reverb out of the frame then clamp it. feed some more cable through if needed

D’oh, yeah, that should work. 😳

GolfChick
    Free Member

i just clamp the nose of the saddle but its not a fantastic grip so Im quite gentle with it and if I needed to remove a pedal for example I’d probably take it off the stand to get the right pressure.

scotroutes

Just clamp the Reverb inner. It’s stronger than the outer anyway and you won’t do any damage as long as you wrap a clean rag or something round it to prevent scratches.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Using a workshop stand – Whyte T-130’ is closed to new replies.