Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • using a rear mud guard with only three supports any problems
  • karnali
    Free Member

to get around my rear disc i need to remove one of the legs off my sks rear guard. it will have the normal fitting on the drive side, on the non dirve it will have the lower support from the eyelet to the guard but i need to hack saw off the other support from the eyelet to the top of the gaurd, i can’t see any major problems but just wondered if i was missing something obvious before i get the saw out. It will still mount at the back of the bb and at the bottom of the wishbone to the frame. hope that makes sense

ta

wwaswas

can you not just space the support on the disk side away from the frame so it clears the caliper?

Edit = kinesis do this neat little bracket for their disk frame – might be possibel to fabricate soemthign the same?

can’t link direct but have a look here;

http://road.cc/content/news/34578-kinesis-crosslight-pro6-disc-cyclo-cross-frame-spy-shots#

karnali
    Free Member

that looks like a good solution wonder if B&Q do a braket that would sort the job out will try kinesis as well

ta

wwaswas

email dom (details on their contact page) – he designed it.

TiRed

should be fine. A lot of guards only come with one stay anyway. Here’s some from SKS

aracer
    Free Member

that looks like a good solution wonder if B&Q do a braket that would sort the job out will try kinesis as well

I should think a bit of right angle “meccano” (real meccano might well do the job, otherwise take a bit of sheet metal a vice a file and a drill), a bolt and a nut ought to do the job just fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘using a rear mud guard with only three supports any problems’ is closed to new replies.