Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Using a car as a kennel?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

A woman whose parents live up the road from me has moved in with them, together with a couple of huge dogs that would be waist high to a grown man. She takes the dogs out for a walk a couple of times a day and the dogs seem well-behaved but at other times the woman keeps the dogs in the back of her Punto which is parked on the road.

The dogs are no bother to me as I sweep majestically past in the mighty Mondeo but I’ve noticed they bark wildly at anyone who’s walking past esp if they have a dog. Before I wind my neck right in I wondered what the STW hive mind thinks about using a Punto as a kennel for a couple of people-size dogs?

warton
    Free Member

They’re probably dead by now anyway, in the current ‘heatwave’

toys19
    Free Member

Call a vet/rspca. They will determine if it’s a problem. Sounds mean to me.

khani
    Free Member

They’ll be fine, I mean..two big dogs in a punto in hot weather, what can go wrong???
    Probably lying there fast asleep snug as a bug…dreaming about doggy heaven…. 😀

Liftman

good for car security though

wwaswas

illegal to leave dogs in a car unattended, iirc, call rspca

khani
    Free Member

good for car security though

And that…I can’t see the problem personally….
    They’ll be happy as Larry… 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Before I wind my neck right in I wondered what the STW hive mind thinks about using a Punto as a kennel for a couple of people-size dogs?

I think you’re absolutely right and if the dogs are as big as you say, they should really be kept in something more Mondeo size during this hot weather. Puntos are for poodles.

binners

At the risk of repeating myself with dog-based solutions, you want one of these…..

pingu66
    Free Member

Leave em they should be wwell cooked by now!

Or do the right thing and call the RSPCA if they are there all the time.

I wouldn’t want to clean out that car in this heat if the worst happened!

butcher

Shouldn’t be left unattended in a locked car for any length of time.

Gunz
    Free Member

Does she also have a broken fridge with the door hanging off on her front lawn?

br
    Free Member

Is the car unlocked and windows etc open?

binners

Has she left them the keys?

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’d be silly binners, i doubt they’re insured…. anyone thought of telling them to crack open the sun woof?

elaineanne
    Free Member

thats darn right mean.. ‘puntos’ are far too small for ‘two waist height dogs’…crikey at the moment im having my house destroyed by a six month old cocker spaniel who is ripping stuff to shreds (my daughters dog she moved back home), and ive not kicked him out yet, but im at screaming point…lol),,,,, do the parents not want the dogs in the house at all ? have you spoke to the woman in question…
    also in this heat the dogs will be suffering ,,,they need water too !!!! keep an extra eye out for the dogs and id be ringing the R.S.P.C.A …it sounds too cruel to me….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Using a car as a kennel?’ is closed to new replies.