Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Using a 27.5" fork on a 26" bike (Pike to replace Fox 34).
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Considering upgrading my Fox 34 for a Pike but the bike is a couple of years old and is therefore an obsolete 26er (grrrr).

I don’t see the point of dropping a whole heap of cash on a new fork whose resale value will be trashed if I go the 26″ route, so I’m considering throwing on a 27.5″ fork instead.

A-C is only 5mm difference I believe.I’ll aim at running the Pike at 150mm rather than 160mm

So, how do I figure out what changes that would have on head angle and/or trail?

For reference, the bikes a Knolly Endorphin (2013)

Will I need to get life insurance? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Given sag and all that i would assume 5 mm will make no difference and head angle will essentially be unchanged by this – technically longer fork will reduce it but its so little i would personally file it under no difference

emac65
    Free Member

Been using a 29er fork on my 27.5 Bfe for 12 months now, I’m still alive & breathing…

So yeah, it’ll be fine.

kayla1
    Free Member

No problem at all. I’ve got a 650B Epicon on my 26″ Soul. No death here either.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I used to run a 650b fork on a 26″ Spitfire. It never killed me to death and it still handled fine.

maxtorque

I’ve run a 650b Pike on my 26″ Zesty for the last 4 years. No issues, loads of mud clearance even on big tyres too!

daviek

Ive a 27.5 Pike set at 150mm on my 26″ Bfe and its fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Using a 27.5" fork on a 26" bike (Pike to replace Fox 34).’ is closed to new replies.