Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Useful tip
  • epicyclo

If you are cutting a piece of thick steel with an angle grinder, it's a good idea not to wear sandals.

Don't ask… 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Don't ask…

Ok.

TooTall
    Free Member

Men – don't iron when naked.

MrSparkle

Similarly if you are helping somebody doing some welding then be aware that when a lump of red hot slag drops down the inside of your boot, nylon socks are not good. As well as the intense initial pain there is also the one you get trying to tear the melted sock from your foot which then gets infected…

chakaping
    Free Member

Oof, that makes my "why you shouldn't fry an omelette with no shirt on" story seem very tame.

Jamie
    Free Member

i would have thought frying bacon would be more risky chakaping?

chakaping
    Free Member

I was veggie at the time.

Andy

Getting close to a Darwin award: Dont stand with your face in the recoil path of a bungy when you are stretching it away from you over a roofrack.

🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Don't look directly at the nozzle of a deoderant spray while reattaching the lid, which doesn't actully cover the hole.

Cougar

When cooking using Dave's Insanity Sauce, wash your hands thoroughly before going for a wee.

jacko54321
    Free Member

never eat yellow snow

Dancake
    Free Member

When cooking using Dave's Insanity Sauce, wash your hands thoroughly before going for a wee.

my mate got Dave's insanity sauce in his eyes once..he was trying to dirty my pint and got caught. In his efforts to hide the bottle behind his back a fountain of the stuff went into his face. He had burning eyes for hours. I almost felt sorry for him.

To the OP. Wear goggles. I had a bit of swarf taken from my eye a few months ago . Not funny

Stoner
    Free Member

when that 8' piece of 3"x4" nailed to some board doesnt want to be prised away, dont give it one more heft with your face directly over the path of the wood when it finally does let go. Another facial scar to add to the gallery 🙄

pjt201
    Free Member

Getting close to a Darwin award: Dont stand with your face in the recoil path of a bungy when you are stretching it away from you over a roofrack.

I can top that, don't put your eye in the way. Spent a night on hospital a week ago for that and am in the middle of an enforced period of rest so I don't dislodge the clots in my left eye making the situation worse.

Andy

Aye, mine was an eyeball strike too…. man that was painfull

andy7t2
    Free Member

don't call you girlfriend by a different name while riding bareback

sweepy
    Free Member

Dont put your tongue on the wall of the freezer, its really difficult to call for help

user-removed
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member
    Similarly if you are helping somebody doing some welding then be aware that when a lump of (a) red hot slag….

I've known a few of them…. Lovely lasses deep down 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Wimp! there is an old bloke near me who used to build frames wearing shorts and sandles.Lots of hot silver and brass there!!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Don't play the game of seeing which egg explodes last when you put some in the microwave..
    Or more specifically, don't be in the blast zone when your numpty friend opens the door.

epicyclo

Dancake – Member
    …To the OP. Wear goggles. I had a bit of swarf taken from my eye a few months ago . Not funny

I was. Just forgot about the sandals.

loddrik
    Free Member

When really really cold (probably 25 years ago) don't come in, turn on an electric bar fire and then place hands directly on said electric bars, then definitely do not get thrown halfway across the room…

tazzymtb

don't stand on a hill top in thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor screaming "all the gods are b**tards"

ex-pat
    Free Member

Don't play the game of seeing which egg explodes last when you put some in the microwave..
    Or more specifically, don't be in the blast zone when your numpty friend opens the door.

Had a lovely Jamaican Lady try to boil eggs in the microwave at one job I had. To her credit she got them both out before they exploded. The screams and mess were comparable in their intensity. Thanks for the memory.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Useful tip’ is closed to new replies.