Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Used car recommendation
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

We’ve been practising bangernomics up to now (well, MrsSalmon has- I’ve never actually owned a car) but are thinking of getting something a bit newer/better.
    We’d like an estate or big-ish hatchback and could maybe part with about £3K for something we really liked.
    Usage would be shortish commutes a few days a week and weekends away. We’d probably be buying expecting to keep it until it dies. We’re not badge snobs and would consider pretty much anything that would do the job for us.

What sort of thing (model/year/mileage) would STW be looking out for?

brakeswithface

My default for that budget has been the best condition Focus I could find. Next time though think I’m going to try a Berlingo, they look so much easier for loading with large amounts of sport related junk!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I did have a look for Berlingos, had one as a hire car once and really liked it. Don’t seem to be many about though, so I suppose a Focus is a good shout in that respect.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I’d say Focus (estate version)? or Mondeo (you’ll probably get a bit more for your money as they are a bit less desirable) although a lower milage Mondeo will be difficult to come by (apart from this one 🙂

simon_g

Japanese, petrol.

Honda Accord estate
    Honda FR-V
    Toyota Avensis estate
    Toyota Corolla Verso
    Mazda 5
    Mazda 6 estate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Used car recommendation’ is closed to new replies.