Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • USB charging from a Revo
  • mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

Having read previous posts i’m going to push the button on a Revo.
    I’ve looked into the charging a GPS aspect a bit and decided to keep it simple
    During the day i just want to unplug the lead from the back of the Revo and plug it into a magic box ( kept in the front of my frame bag ) i want the output from the box to be usb so i can charge either a GPS on the bars or my phone in the frame bag. This solution would have a strong chance of being waterproof and reliable
    Does anyone know of a simple / lightweight / box that does this.
    Cheers Mark

flatfish
    Free Member

K-lite

djtom
    Free Member

I’ve just received my revo – first impressions are very good indeed. I’m also after a charging solution, and I think I’m going to go with a kemo 172n. Looks like it will kick out 800ma at 5v, which should be ok to charge most USB powered stuff at a decent rate.
    Available from Here

If I have time I may experiment with building my own solution – a bridge rectifier, smoothing capacitor and 5v voltage regulator is probably all that is needed and will save £££.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Would this do the trick?

http://www.use1.com/exposure-lights/accessories/smart-port-plus/boost-cable

Straight out of the back port of the Revo?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I might be wrong but i believe the revos output is not regulated so youll probably struggle , also to power both the light and the garmin – might be asking a bit much of the hub. There are a few gizmos that add inline switching and regulate the output though. Not sure what they are called try rob dean hove or paul erringtons blogs for details

mtbmarkymark
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replys
    In the end i have gone for a brightbikelabs.com revolution from the states
    pricey but seems well engineered.
    I’ve ordered my Revo aswell so i let you all know
    Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘USB charging from a Revo’ is closed to new replies.