Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Urgent help needed – orange five bearing cap :(
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi folks, managed to round off the shitty little bolt on the bearing cover cap on a orange five, does anybody know what sort of screw this is?? and where on earth i can purchase one? in desperate need as i go on a biking holiday on tuesday 🙁

does anybody know if orange sell them seperately or if indeed any one has the specific bolt maesurement i can get from a local screw store?

please please help 🙁

j_me
    Free Member

Give them a call tomorrow, they’re always very helpful.
    Although you might struggle for Tuesday!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers j_me, i will be on the phone at the crack of dawn tomorrow, just pre-checking if anyone else knows of anywhere else that does them, just incase they cant get it to me in time?

cant be the only fool to have rounded off one of these bolts – i must say i wasnt tightening tight and that was witha bloody torque wrench 🙁

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Halfrauds will stock them,not sure what size thread diameter though,it will be 5 or 6mm allen key

Junkyard
    Free Member

where in th country are you based?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

righty think ive sorted it, a very kind man has offered to send me a couple!

think they are 4mm by 15mm ones…

hopefully, if not ill have to stick some gaffa tape over it for the duration 🙁

Jeffus
    Free Member

You can buy the full kit of the Orange website, bearings caps and screws,

£14.99, I replaced my bearings yesterday, was nice and straight forward,

the one on the drive side had rusted and fell apart, the other had

seized with rust, less than 18months old, can only think the jet wash

has wrecked them, I do try to avoid them but s**t happens. 😯

rickmeister

If your stuck I have some stainless stuff and one of these caps spare you can have…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Urgent help needed – orange five bearing cap :(’ is closed to new replies.