Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Urgent boiler advice
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had the boiler serviced last week and has been running fine. Just gone to bed and the system is making funny noises – checked the boiler and sounds like there is air in the system. But the boiler keeps running a cycle of firing up, running until it sounds like the air hits the boiler then shuts down. Then repeats.

I've turned the boiler off – does anyone know if this is OK without turning the gas off? The manual says when I shut it down to turn the gas off too but I don't know if this is for longer periods. I'll get the plumber round in the morning to look at it.

B

Bear
    Free Member

Thata fine, just isolate electricaly and it will be fine.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

You mean unplug it?

colnagokid

just unplug it, pilot wont light, gas valve will close

Bear
    Free Member

If that is what will isolate it then yes. It will not be able to fire up with no electrical supply to it. (assuming it is a modern wall mounted boiler!)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah – modern wall mounted boiler. A ferroli.

Bit worrying since its in the kids bedroom 😕

Right gonna unplug it and go to bed.

Cheers

Bear
    Free Member

that will be ok, get it checked out properly in morning, good luck, although sounds like nothing too serious (keeps fingers crossed for you!)

bad luck for having a ferroli tohugh!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Are ferroli that bad??? Came with the house 🙁

Just got up and bleed all the radiators – one nearest the boiler let out air for about 60 seconds. Just turned boiler back on and gonna monitor it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Topped pressure back up?

jedi

i was just going to recommend paulosoxo and he turned up 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yep, pressure was way down once the rad was bled so topped it back up to where it was before.

I think the problem was last night I realised one of the rads downstairs was off and had been for a long while – turned it on and thats when it started making the funny sounds.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers Jedi! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Urgent boiler advice’ is closed to new replies.