Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Urge helmets?
  • j40aja
    Free Member

I like the look of the Urge XC and AM helmets but have read their sizing is a bit hit and miss.

Anyone know of any shops in the Edinburgh area where I can try one on?

Already tried on a POC Trabec Race in a medium/large which felt great but wanted to try other options with good head coverage 1st.

allthegear
    Free Member

Not sure about the new ones but I would say the Enduromatic is for ‘short and fat’ heads. Either it works or you just need to head butt the wall for a few hours to fit.

Rachel

j40aja
    Free Member

I do have quite a small head for my height/build and currently have a Giro Hex in a medium so will just need to find an Urge for fit.
    Don’t want to buy one off CRC in case it doesn’t fit as will be an xmas present from the other half.

proberts
    Free Member

I had a poc in med/large and it was perfect, before that I had a enduromatic in sm/med and it fitted like a glove. The enduromatic cooked my brain and I always had to take it off on climbs.
    The new All Mountain Urge looks better vented so could be better

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

No idea if I’ve got a weird shaped head or not but I didn’t have any problems getting my large down-o-matic to fit- I just swapped some of the pads to adjust it slightly, I find it really comfy- much better than the cheap 661 ff I had before.

If you can’t find a shop buy it from one of the online retailers that offer free returns. You’ll likely end up paying more from a brick and mortar shop any how.

zerocool

They come up quite small

backtothetop
    Free Member

i have the down-o-matic and it fits me spot on, the helmet shell comes in 2 sizes i believe, small/medium and large/x large, you are also supplied the foam inserts to fit it to your head. ie im a medium sized headed person so i bought the small/medium helmet (funny that) and then i removed the pre fitted small sized foam,(thick stuff) and fitted the medium sized foam pieces (thinner stuff).

That description makes the helmet sound total gash with its sizings but i promise it works well. i know your not on about the down-o-matic but i expect the company to have similar sizings across the range.

its also a lot lighter then my previous helmet.

dantsw13

I have the urge enduro matic. It comes with a front and back pad, both in thick and thin, giving 4 fit combinations for each helmet size. Mine fits great, and is rock steady, even with a light on the front.

I had a big off in the Alps last year ( on YouTube, search “Dans crash Stu Mac – I crash at 1:05) and I was very glad for the protection afforded to the back of my head – there is a dent in the lower back portion that would be unprotected on normal MTB lids.

I’m also a sweaty git, and the gangsta pad does a great job of sucking it all up.

j40aja
    Free Member

I would probably end up buying on line unless they can price match.
    Really want to try one on 1st, loved the fit and feel of the POC but the Urge looks intetesting and better priced.

iain1775
    Free Member

Had a medium giro xen (similar sizing to hex)
    Head is bang on 57cm which is borderline s/m or l/xl in the urge
    The s/m with thin pads fits like a glove and hardly noticed it was on today, yes its not as well vented as some but the front pad wicks up all sweat (I sweat a lot) didnt get sweat in my eyes like I used to with the giro
    Before going for the urge I tried a medium/large poc trabac race, it felt like a mushroom on my head, fitted nice but felt big and heavy and looked even sillier than the urge
    Also tried a giro feature (ok but didn’t feel right looked silly) and a met (uncomfortable)

If you do go POC check out amazon, they had the race in black or white for £89 last week!
    Edit £92/£93
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004L2KZS0/ref=asc_df_B004L2KZS010529007?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004L2KZS0

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Urge helmets?’ is closed to new replies.