Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Urge Down-o-Matic fitting/full face help!
  • Lifer
    Free Member

[For reference – Head is 60cm, have a large Met Kaos which is about half way on the adjusters and a medium Spesh Echelon which is maxed out and just about comfy]

Currently in the market for my first full face helmet. Tried a large and medium 661 comp and had side to side movement on both, and could pull the chin guard up to almost over my eyes. Medium felt like it wasn’t properly on my head.

Trying a Urge now, are the cheek pads supposed to go on top of each other? If I do that it feels snug, but no side to side movement. Still feel like I can peel if off easy though, probably need to play with it a bit more.

In the meantime I’m gonna see how the Specialized fit at my local Evans…

Lifer
    Free Member

Bumpy

Northwind

Most of the fit/resistance to movement should be coming from the head pads rather than the cheek pads, if it needs doubled up cheekpads to not move around then I’d say it doesn’t fit.

Lifer
    Free Member

Was fiddling with it at work so didn’t have much time between funny looks from fat colleagues. Will have a longer play tonight and see what’s what.

Thanks!

Lifer
    Free Member

Okay so had a good look and play and am pretty sure it’s the right size. 2 sets of pads (thick and thin) around the head which are swappable, but cheek pads don’t come out so the extra ones do just go on top. Once I had it snug I sat there watching TV with it on for a bit, wasn’t uncomfortable after half hour or so.

Northwind

The cheek pads do come out on mine btw. They might do something faffy at the back, can’t remember entirely but I think there was some mild irritation. Pop fasteners maybe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Urge Down-o-Matic fitting/full face help!’ is closed to new replies.