Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Uptonogood ?
  • bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Anyone else going tomorrow ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No. I will go Saturday. With a bag of cameras at Ginge Bridge. I love the facial expressions…

hooli

Yes, not camping but will be there Saturday. Always a good event.

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Never been before, camping both nights and really looking forward to it.

maxtorque

I’ve done this event every year since it started (as my sister lived in Upton) btu this year, for the first time, nope, not doing it. Feels a bit strange to be not going actually 😥

It’s, imo, a well organised fun family event, with a good vibe and good live music etc.

weeksy

I’m not very far away, but I have plans this weekend, which is a shame as the ride goes through my village and around all the lanes I know really well, it’s very much my stomping ground.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Massive thunderstorm at the moment. Should be the usual mudbath.

weeksy

Aye, it’s been very wet at times today, which is a shame as until Weds the trails were 99% completely dry. I think they’ll hold up fairly well, but you’ll deffo see some patchy horrible muddy stuff, especially on the bits that are clay related !

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

So music, riding and a little mud. anything else to look forward too ?

petec
    Free Member

Beer. Cider. Meat.

It is always excellent. Generally do the 12 mile with kids. Last year this year I think; 18 next year.

Can’t wait really

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

my lad and I are doing the 18 miler.

hhhmmmmmmmm meat n cider…..

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

I lived in Blewbury for a while years ago, it’ll be nice to ride my old stomping ground.

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

well that was spot on. Great time indeed. Any recommendations for something similar but a little more competitive ? it was my lads first organised ride and he loved it.

40mpg

Great time again! Just enough mud, cider, music, pizza, more cider, more music. Plus a turkey, xmas pud and a Christmas tree.

Bobby- try heaven of the south if you can get in (sells out quick)

cmadd
    Free Member

If you liked that have a look at this 70km mountain bike ride http://www.wallingfordfestivalofcycling.co.uk/mountain-bike-rides/

40mpg

Oh yes and how could I forget the very best

Big Bike Bash

‘Now in its 8th Year and jam packed with 3 days of awesome bike related madness, races, challenges for all ages and abilities’

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Uptonogood ?’ is closed to new replies.