Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Upsidedirt: Puddletown, Dorset. GoPro Hero 3
  • besomething
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR17s3zArOI[/video]

Upsidedirt presents, Puddletown Forest in Dorset. On this particular day there was alot of rainfall, so was very boggy and wet. Good local trails for you to step it up when you want. Lot’s of fun and of lines to pick.

Please remember to Like, Subscribe and Share

Thanks for watching.

Produced by TheBeSomething

Music by:
    Alt-J

yunki
    Free Member

helmet cam is pointing at the ground which doesn’t make for very stimulating viewing..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah you need re-shoot the helmet cam sequences so we can see the trail ahead.

Trimix
    Free Member

Can you “Dislike” it ?

Shows a chap walking up the trail, then helmet cam view of the first few feet in front on the way down 🙁 I would have liked to see a bit more ahead to get an idea of the place.

Is the bike wash bit available to all at the end, and the final part shows some Alps like terrain 🙂

Having made these tounge in cheek critisisms, I would check out the place if I was down there. But with the weather as it is now, anything with the word “Puddle” in it is somewhat offputting.

MarkN
    Free Member

As has been said more trail and less helmet.

DrP

Hmmm, DH bike and FF in puddletown…

Anyway – have the trails at the top been re-established – I used to ride Puddletown several years ago, then returned and found they felled all the trees at the top.

Good place though – very ‘compact’ so you’re never far from the hospital (if you’re on call, perhaps….)

DrP

robbonzo
    Free Member

Puddletown is great for riding. Lots to do still. There’s always loads of DH bikes whenever I go but each to their own. Theres a map of the trails on the Ride puddletown facebook page.

chiefgrooveguru

Disappointed. I’ve ridden here a few times and recognise the trails and unless I’m deluded I ride them quicker on my hardtail… I thought it was all slow-mo footage to start with!

Puddletown’s pretty good in the wet – a lot of it is very sandy so it drains well. The FF makes sense for some of the bigger drops and gaps, DH bike will be slower than a 150mm FS on most of the trails as it’s never steep enough and straight enough for long enough for the extra stability and travel to win out.

carlphillips
    Free Member

you are elbry and i claim my £5 😆

I turned it off at 2:09

eyerideit
    Free Member

Cheezpleez

I had a quick explore at Puddletown last year when visiting friends in Darzett. Found some nice stuff and reckon I’ll be back.

Couldn’t be arsed to look at the vid

besomething
    Free Member

Wow thanks for everyones very useful critique! Trolls 😛

I already knew it was pointing to far to the ground. It must of got knocked down when I was turning the GoPro on/off. Apologies for this.

…and thank you Trimix, I must of missed that post 😛

I’ll have to get back there and re-record those sections again. It was pretty wet when I was there the ground does get very boggy and you can’t really get much speed up when you hit bog haha

I have a few videos up from my trip to France so if you want to see more here’s my channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBeSomething?feature=watch

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve ridden Puddletown a few times and I’m curious as to why you chose the most tedious sections of trail to film on? There are far more interesting trails there.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum.

Now sort your sh1t out and make the content available on apple devices.

😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Are you local then?
    I’ve not been for a couple of years (when DrP broke me!), but want to try there again and could do with a bit of a guide, maybe next month.

DrP

Ha! I remember that 😳

Didn’t we get the Landy and the standard paramedics on scene…..!
    I grabbed a lift back to work in the ambulance (bike and all)…

DrP

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Aye, they came through a gap in the fence they’d made the day before when responding to a guy with broken clavicle.
    That 4×4 paramedic was a bit odd, we met him back at the station as he wanted to check my ankle again before we left. My mate reckoned he just wanted to touch it up again. It’s still a bit weak now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Upsidedirt: Puddletown, Dorset. GoPro Hero 3’ is closed to new replies.