Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Upsidedirt – Gravity Project Honey Series 2014 Round 1 – Rogate GoPro HD
  • besomething
    Free Member

Check out this weekends practice runs at the first round of the Gravity Projects Honey Series at Rogate 😉

Bike – YT Industries Wicked Pro

scottfitz
    Free Member

Did you get the drop in to the corner sort for your race runs?

Lummox

Great race, first rooty corner was fun but the small drop into sand trap after it caught me out, screwed up both my race runs but thoroughly enjoyed it.

besomething
    Free Member

scottfitz – I did for my first run, but messed up on my second up at the top section, and had to make up alot of time.

Lummox – The trouble with the drop into the sand trap was the flat/slight incline run to it. Head down and PEDAL lol!

Was a thoroughly good day, looking forward to Round 2 🙂 You guys entering?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Run 1:
    1:49.24

The first of my 2 OTBs in run one:

1902762_600330513387411_1440527367_n by scottgolfgti, on Flickr
    The first of my 2 OTBs in run one:

Run 2:
    1:07.91
    put a safe(No crash) time in

I will be doing the whole series this year I hope.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Bit more speed in the fire road drop, most of the incidents I saw were due to people not hitting it fast enough, and bogging down in the sand.

Did you take the wide lines in the corners after it? It was a lot quicker to inside/inside the right-left before the small stepdown.

I’m doing the next one, I enjoyed doing a bit of DH racing again.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bit more speed in the fire road drop, most of the incidents I saw were due to people not hitting it fast enough, and bogging down in the sand.

That bit was fine with a bit of speed.
    And yes inside/inside was much quicker.

besomething
    Free Member

My first run was a “safe run” @ 1:07.95
    I did take the two inside lines after the drop on my second run, but I made a mistake up at the tight left hander nearer the top that’s where I lost my time. Live and learn lol 😀

scottfitz – Nice stack 🙂 where was that? Did that hurt, looks painful!

I’m hoping to enter the entire series this year too 🙂 It’s a good way of improving your skills

scottfitz
    Free Member

scottfitz – Nice stack where was that? Did that hurt, looks painful!

it was on the first bit, drop over the roots, it didn’t hurt really, some how from there I got in to the tuck and roll. The second crash on that run was bigger it happened on the next drop bit. Ended up about 5m of track upside down in a bush 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That bit before the fireroad was pretty tricky, if you could hold it, the high line on the left was miles faster, round the tree at the top, off the brakes and keep it as high and as far left as possible.

I had about a 50% success rate over 4 or 5 attempts, so went safe down the middle for the race runs. Should have hung it out for the second run as I had a solid 59 seconds for the first and manned up and hit it. I think there was a couple of seconds in that line alone with the increased speed you carried out of it.

besomething
    Free Member

Hob Nob – I did try for the high line on the left but kept slipping on those roots played it too safe for my race run. Need to hang it out next time lol You put in a solid time there too. Nice! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Upsidedirt – Gravity Project Honey Series 2014 Round 1 – Rogate GoPro HD’ is closed to new replies.