Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Uppy-downys
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Just one 3 part question.

Why did you buy one, how often do you use it and where do you ride?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

‘cos I wanted one
    Every ride that I ride the bike it’s on
    Single tack, bombholes, swoopy jumpy stuff, rooty stuff, etc

colournoise

Because one came up at a price that allowed me to make a pain-free ‘what if’ purchase.

Every ride that involves anything remotely technical.

Downhill, techy singletrack, anything with a jump or drop in it, bombholes, etc.

slainte 8) rob

james
    Free Member

Because my frame had about 3″ of saddle drop even with the post sawn off such that it was on the maximum mark for the frame/post at full pedalling height. I was okay on stuff I was comfortable with, but for pushing myself on ‘new to me’ stuff I wanted more drop or another frame (but didnt want the faff of a multi clamp drop post [Titec El N-something], a 5″ dropper post [can drop it 2.” into the frame as well as the internal drop] was cheaper than a new FS frame
    I used it every ride until it stopped staying down (out of warranty, not got round to seeing how pricey it would be to fix, everything is very worn too). Spents ~7 months back with 3″ drop normal post, could ride everytyhing I could with the dropper
    Got a new frame since, previous one was getting beaten up, wanted to make more of my fork as old frame wasnt warrianted upto my full fork travel, and didnt handle that well at the length it would go to

Ride Peak District, sometimes North York Moors/Dales,Lakes,Calderdale,Snowdonia,Mid Wales,been a while since alps.Also most of the trail centres from 7stanes down to Cannock/Nant-y-arian

Considering another dropper, when Im riding something new to me I think its most useful, If I know it then I know how higher saddle will suit already and can at least drop the saddle roughly with QR while riding tame bits in advance of needing to drop

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

It came up on here cheap.
    Whenever I pull that bike out the dungeon (and then, I can only recall 1 ride in the last year which I didn’t use the Joplin at all).
    Mostly my home turf of Calderdale but further afield, mostly trail centre type stuff with the odd trips to the Lakes, Moors, Dales and Peaks.

carlos
    Free Member

Cheap enough 2nd hand
    Used lots every time I go out
    All over The Peak District, Trail Centre’s, Cheeky Stuff, Lake District, Wales

chiefgrooveguru

Because I wanted to be able to pedal uphill more easily by being able to sit down more often, especially when out with quicker XC riders. I probably flick the lever about a fifth as often as the rear shifter and far more than I used to use my front shifter when I had one. Anywhere I can but mostly woodland singletrack with as many corners, drops, jumps and other items of interest as I can find.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Uppy-downys’ is closed to new replies.