Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Uppy Downy Seat Posts – has it transformed your riding? updates please!
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve decided I’m getting one but can’t decide between that new DSP big horn, KS i900L, or the hilo, reverb is out because i dont want remote.

tandemwarriors

It’s not essential until you’ve had one, then you don’t know how you lived without one.

I’d agree with that! Bought a HiLo for the P7 from Wiggle (£160 with a discount code) just after Christmas and after just 2 rides I’m completely sold.

I’ve decided I’m getting one but can’t decide between that new DSP big horn, KS i900L, or the hilo, reverb is out because i dont want remote

Mmmmm, have to be honest but IMHO (and after just 2 rides with a dropper post) I’m not sure you’d get the full benefit without a remote. When the trail drops away down a rocky gully and you think ‘oh bugger, could do with the seat down’, that’s not really the moment you want to be riding one-handed and fumbling for a lever under your saddle.

Rob

chakaping
    Free Member

Same answer as the last tkme you asked, except i have now got one for the ht too

Bagstard
    Free Member

Game changer for me, hate xc without it.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I definately wouldnt go without a remote, the whole point of it as far as I am concerned, You go down a nasty section of trail, you can drop the post mid section if needs be, or if you forget to do it at the top. And if a downhill gets pedally for a short section flick the button on the bar, and you’ve got your saddle back. The advantage for me is that you can raise and drop the saddle several times during a mixed downhill section and you arent committed to dropping it before you start a downhill and then raise it back up when you are finished.

handyman
    Free Member

I have a reverb and have had to replace the remote barb due to a small off (actually 6ft drop to my right) took about 5mins and bleeding about 3 mins so easy.
    I live in NJ usa most of the riding we do is up down, up down tech stuff, some of the downs are better tackled on a dh bike but the ups are way too steep. The reverb has made my riding faster due being to fly up and down hills quicker as the dropped seat makes for better control it has also made me tackle new stuff, one thing it has done which is not mentioned as much is with the saddle an inch or so lower you really can do twisty singletrack so much faster.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Hmmm…. back to rethink some stuff. sorry for hijacking this thread, I’ll shut up now. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Definitely worth the money if you pay <140 IMO.

Anymore and its diminishing returns.

The only annoying thing is when they start to wear or break. Standard seatposts silently do their job. Pooks expensive one failed recently- imagine he’d have been out on a alldayer in the Lakes?

My seatpost has stuck a couple of times.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers again everyone 🙂

I’ve ignored horas advice and ordered myself a reverb 😈

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Uppy Downy Seat Posts – has it transformed your riding? updates please!’ is closed to new replies.