Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Upply Downy seatpost fitting with no cable guides left?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

My frame obviously isn’t modern enough…2009 Ti 456

I would like to fit an uppy downy seatpost but have no spare cable guides on the frame. OK I could remove the back brake but I sort of like it.

Any suggestions other than the stick on / cable tie variety like below?

KevinPP
    Free Member

Zip tie to one of the existing cables?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Good question. I am in the same boat. Might super glue some of those things in your pic to the bike…

Where did you find them?

Ta in advance

chiefgrooveguru

I have my GD’s cable and rear brake hose sharing the same cable guides along the top tube, zip tied on.

stumpyjon

Yep, same for me, zipped tied the Joplin remote the rear mech cable along the down tube and under the BB. Easy for me though as I’ve got full length outers on the gear cable.

d45yth
    Free Member

Hi, which post are you going for? The RS reverb comes with clips (you could use cable ties) that fix the hose to one of your existing cables/hoses.

rhys
    Free Member

er just zip tie it!

scotsman
    Free Member

Where did you find them?

Linky

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Just found out that the shop whose site suggested they have the new Giant post in stock won’t get them for 5 weeks…

Seems worth the wait. And gives me some time to sort the routing

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they say cable ties or those stick on cable guides-

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I used the above sticky on things on my Zesty for my Joplin4 work a treat

ruscle
    Free Member

My friend got some of the sticky on cable guides from Hibike when getting a reverb and they were silver and came with those plastic snap in clips you get with your frames. I think they were jagwire.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Upply Downy seatpost fitting with no cable guides left?’ is closed to new replies.