Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Upping Travel on Reba's Help
  • makkag
    Free Member

How do – I have a set of Reba Race 2009/10 set at 100 mm .. Now they came with one spacer in the bag so I guess that deffo says they can be adjusted to 80 mm .. and as they are not OEM I presume that they will be able remove one internally and then go up to 120mm.. From all the reading I have done

My issue is that I have never taken forks apart before and TBH not the world’s best bike mechanic .. The instructions look doable .. but as my only set of forks I Really don’t want to screw it up .. My LBS won’t touch them as after a cartridge replacement from fisher 6 months ago they are still warranted ( I brought through them !) .. Anyone local to me that fancy’s a bit of work for a few quid and beer ?? I live in Watford and am willing to travel !

Cheers Dean

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Taking them apart doesn’t invalidate the warranty.. Tell your LBS mechanic to MTFU!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Get a new LBS.

cakefacesmallblock

I know it’s a slightly more simplistic fork, but serviced and increased the travel in my Tora the other week. I took the laptop into the garage and followed the Sram techie stuff with no issue, just make sure you have the right weight oil and can measure it accurately. I’d say it’s a minor league messy job, rather than difficult, but, take your time, lay out removed parts from each leg individually, work through in order and you can’t go far wrong. I’d never seen inside a fork before either.

letmetalktomark

bikewhisperer – Member

Taking them apart doesn’t invalidate the warranty.. Tell your LBS mechanic to MTFU!

This isn’t what Fishers told me. Lower leg service fine but anything more should be carried out by a SRAM technician as to not invalidate warranty.

Either way its a piece of cake.

Have a read of Peter’s (of this Parish) guide to changing the spacers.

Travel adjust link

I have fettled with mine loads and they have always been fine coming apart and going back together.

Just take your time and make sure you have everything before you start.

I think your LBS is a bit too risk adverse or it just wasn’t worth their time either way perhaps time to change LBS 😀

legend
    Free Member

weren’t Reba’s 80/100mm or 100/120mm? In other words, you may well get them apart and there wont be a spacer to remove

letmetalktomark

My 2008/9 SL forks were “all travel”.

I think the year with the white reba decals were more limited in adjustment.

FOG

Mine came on an ’09 bike so presumably were ’09 forks and they had a removable spacer to take them out to 120mm which I did after reading all the various bits and bobs on the web. Did it about a year ago with no problems since!

makkag
    Free Member

Cheers for all the comments bugger it i will give it a go on saturday after a ride .. nothing ventured nothing gained !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Upping Travel on Reba's Help’ is closed to new replies.