Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Uploading GoPro to Vimeo / you Tube
  • paulevans
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

I recent bought a GoPro HD to film my falling off antics and i would obviously like to upload the clips to the interweb so that i can be ridiculed by all!

Can anyone who’s experienced in editing and uploading give me some pointers on what settings are best to use on the camera to give the best quality that would be acceptable to Vimeo / You Tube. Also when i’ve edited the raw footage into an Oscar winning clip, what wouyld be the best format, again to try to keep some of the HD quality.

If it helps, i’m using Sony Vegas Studio HD 11 on a laptop with an i3 2.4 processor and with 6gb of RAM (apparently!!).

Thanks

billysugger
    Free Member

For the faster wide angle stuff put the gopro on r3(720 50fps) setting. I use it when mounted under the stem, looking through the forks.

For a taller shot put the gopro on the r4 (960)setting. I use it when on top of my lid or on a chest mount.

The r4 setting gives a colder looking finished video so I normally sharpen it up and change the colours a bit in Vegas. You can do this on the Track properties or other (hard to say without Vegas in front of me).

Also I don’t know how familiar you are with Vegas? When you open a new project or even mid way through you can go into project properties and tell it to match them to the original video file, so no need to adjust frame rates/definition manually.

I wouldn’t bother going up to r5 (1080) on the gopro but then I’ve got a crappy computer which struggles to process 720 videos and watching them back on youtube would be impossible

Stranga
    Free Member

Go Pro forums

I found the link above a great help there is even a section on the best settings to use for rendering in vegas.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulevans
    Free Member

Cheers for that, BS. When you upload, what format do you use – mp4, .mov?

billysugger
    Free Member

Normally windows media 11 is it? .wmv I think . I’m useless unless I’m looking at it. This tends to keep videos at a reasonable size. Think there’s a 2 gig limit on youtube.

The editing of the video for the whole of the timeline as I mentioned above is done on the video tab at the left hand side if you click on a small green icon called Track FX. Have a play with some of the different settings.

Feel free to pick my brains. Not much on today. I’m just getting used to it myself. Playing around with different settings/transitions, chopping up audio tracks. I don’t go mad with gopro videos because they’re never going to look too slick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Uploading GoPro to Vimeo / you Tube’ is closed to new replies.